Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New here!! Finally got an Evoque :)
bangsters

Hey fellas. New to the forum. And a proud owner of a 2014 RR Evoque Pure Plus.

My first few days driving the car have been nothing but spectacular. Love the car.

Quick Q though as I'm still figuring out some of the features of the car. Does it have daytime running lights, or is it something the dealer enables? Coz mine doesn't, and I think I read somewhere where others do have them on their pure plus, or am I mistaken?

Anyway, cheers!!
03-09-2014 05:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New here!! Finally got an Evoque :)

Hi bangsters and welcome

All models have Daytime running lights, but the Pure range usually doesn't have the "Signature" shaped lights unless specified as an option usually with Xenon headlights (but some markets may be different)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-09-2014 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

(03-09-2014 05:28pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi bangsters and welcome

All models have Daytime running lights, but the Pure range usually doesn't have the "Signature" shaped lights unless specified as an option usually with Xenon headlights (but some markets may be different)

Thanks!! Should the DRL turn on automatically when you turn on the engine?? Mine doesn't. Is that something that needs to be enabled?
03-09-2014 05:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

The DRL's should come on once the ignition is turned on, if they are fitted!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-09-2014 05:58pm
bangsters

Ok now im confused. I thought its standard with all models, and only difference is that pure models dont have the halo.

I have a pure plus should it have drl?
03-09-2014 06:49pm
m_101

yep you should have single LED ones - not the DRL "halo" ones as you described. Ask your dealer why it doesn't would be my opinion.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
03-09-2014 07:37pm
bangsters

Single led? The side markers? Or the ones at the bottom (fog lamps)?

Btw thanks for the replies. Still new to the car so please bear with me Smile
03-09-2014 08:18pm
m_101

No worries. They are just one LED in the main headlight cluster (not fog lamps). If you search for "Evoque pure DRL" on google images you will see what I mean - comes up in first picture. Only one LED which sits to the outside of the main projector bulb unit.
The "signature DRLs" are the multi-LED arcs.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
03-09-2014 08:23pm
HeartbreakRidge

(03-09-2014 08:23pm)m_101 Wrote:  The "signature DRLs" are the multi-LED arcs.

which in the US you only get as part of the Vision options pack on a Pure Plus (as mine did).

bangsters - important question! what color did you get? Cool

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
03-09-2014 08:56pm
bangsters

OK so I stopped byt he dealer, and bad news is that they told me it's only standard in Canada and not in the US. Sad

Maybe I should swap the headlight units as some of the other owners do, and replace with HID with signature LED??

Btw, is it true that US versions of pure don't have DRL enabled?
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 11:07pm by bangsters.)
03-09-2014 11:02pm