Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New full fat?
invoke

RE: New full fat?

Ford Explore is more or less the same or may be both evoque and sport is inspired by US Ford line.

http://www.autocarone.com/2011-ford-expl...e-588x408/

Flex: yes looks similar - unlikely LR it comes with tons of standard features.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 07:12pm by invoke.)
24-07-2012 04:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

Have to say followed one purely by accident yesterday that came out of the bAck of the Solihull LR plant, car was in black and it looked really nice. No camoflauge ready to go, needless to say left me for dead.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
24-07-2012 07:47pm
Craig_d1

(24-07-2012 10:59am)WB Wrote:  Apologies if this has been previously posted - first photo I've seen of an uncamouflaged one. Don't really like what they've done with it at all...

http://www.ovalnews.com/wp-content/uploa...17_l11.jpg

Can't say that does anything for me at all. Think the current version is a lot better looking, though think both are too brick like for my tastes. But if it's what current owners want....
24-07-2012 08:03pm
ChuckieB

Don't know who invented the term Full Fat as it is a term used across many quarters. My Clio is the standard 182 Clio sport with upgraded 182 "cup" suspension factory fitted. Hence known as a full fat Clio.

Anyone for a full fat coke?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
24-07-2012 11:38pm
WB
WB

(24-07-2012 11:38pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Don't know who invented the term Full Fat as it is a term used across many quarters. My Clio is the standard 182 Clio sport with upgraded 182 "cup" suspension factory fitted. Hence known as a full fat Clio.

Anyone for a full fat coke?

I guess it originated from full fat milk? Full Fat Coke, Full Fat Marlboro - it's used all over the place...
25-07-2012 12:36am
Barneyridge

I much prefer the image from Topspeed, the camo on the image in Ovalnews does it no favors. The angle of the photo makes the bonnet look a bit too low as well. I wait to see one in the flesh before final judgement

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
25-07-2012 11:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It originated on the Range Rover Sport forums where ignorant folks called the RRS Range Rover Lite ( RRS isn't actually a Range Rover underneath its a Disco3) despite it weighing in at a porky 300kgs more than its bigger brother. From then on the L322 Range Rover was known as the Full Fat. Land Rover dislikes the terms Full Fat and Baby RR , preferring us to call the cars Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque.
I've owned 2 L322 Range Rovers and if you haven't driven one you shouldn't knock them, they are about the best way to travel long haul that there is, even in the lower Vogue spec they are supremely quiet and comfortable and since the suspension upgrade in 2010 when the 4.4ltr TDv8 engine was installed they can even go round corners without falling over! My last one also was able to achieve 35mpg sat at 70 all day in the M6, only a little less than my Evoque gets............ But with 400Nm of torque from 1600rpm it could lift its skirts, hunker down on its rear suspension and scare the living daylights out of many GTis when it was asked to play boy racers. The 5.0ltr S/C version is also no slouch, but rather addicted to 4*. 0-62 in 6.5 secs in a 2.5 ton brick is a sight to behold!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 04:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-07-2012 04:04pm
defender_uk

(24-07-2012 11:20am)ED209 Wrote:  Why call it full fat? Why not just call it a range rover?

For some reason the term full fat makes me irrationally angry lol

could not agree more!!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
25-07-2012 10:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

(25-07-2012 04:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It originated on the Range Rover Sport forums where ignorant folks called the RRS Range Rover Lite ( RRS isn't actually a Range Rover underneath its a Disco3) despite it weighing in at a porky 300kgs more than its bigger brother. From then on the L322 Range Rover was known as the Full Fat. Land Rover dislikes the terms Full Fat and Baby RR , preferring us to call the cars Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque.
I've owned 2 L322 Range Rovers and if you haven't driven one you shouldn't knock them, they are about the best way to travel long haul that there is, even in the lower Vogue spec they are supremely quiet and comfortable and since the suspension upgrade in 2010 when the 4.4ltr TDv8 engine was installed they can even go round corners without falling over! My last one also was able to achieve 35mpg sat at 70 all day in the M6, only a little less than my Evoque gets............ But with 400Nm of torque from 1600rpm it could lift its skirts, hunker down on its rear suspension and scare the living daylights out of many GTis when it was asked to play boy racers. The 5.0ltr S/C version is also no slouch, but rather addicted to 4*. 0-62 in 6.5 secs in a 2.5 ton brick is a sight to behold!

Thanks Tim, I was one of those ignorant ones....never knew the RRS was based on the Disco 3

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
25-07-2012 11:22pm
mark_n

Yes. the FFRR is the real deal and the nickname may be linked to the full-fat milk which is so much better than its watered down semi-skimmed deriviatives.

I live close to the on-road test route LR use - Gaydon, Stratford, A46 to Evesham, A44 to Moreton in Marsh, A429 Fosseway to the M40 and back to Gaydon - and the new car is now a familiar sight - saw two this morning, minimal disguise, thought it looked great.

As for the notion that the newer car is inspired by the Ford Explorer, I think it's more likely that as Ford used to own LR, they had early sight of the new car and the Ford Explorer is intended to be a down-market, poorly built, pale imitation of The Real Thing.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 12:42pm by mark_n.)
26-07-2012 12:41pm