Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New bigger 'Evoque'
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

RE: New bigger 'Evoque'

Don't know why your posts are being duplicated, are you typing once and it appears multiple times in the same post, or multiple posts?
16-06-2011 10:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

I was told yesterday that the big evoque will replace the Disco from middle next year.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
16-06-2011 10:40am
paulus599

(16-06-2011 10:40am)griff Wrote:  I was told yesterday that the big evoque will replace the Disco from middle next year.

I don't think that's correct. The new Discovery isn't due until 2016 and will be aimed at a totaly different market to the 'Grand' Evoque.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
16-06-2011 12:04pm
ant

(16-06-2011 10:35am)Martin Wrote:  Don't know why your posts are being duplicated, are you typing once and it appears multiple times in the same post, or multiple posts?

No just typing once.
If I reply to a post it only prints once.
If I post a new reply it seems to repeat
ANTLaughing
Like this ......
an added reply, typed once.
ANTLaughing
Seems to be ok now!!!!
I would imagine the Evoque styling will carry through on future models, whether it's Freelander, Disco or Range Rover. Whether it will be called a big Evoque remains to be seen, I guess.
As Tim says, the new full fat will be coming in 2013, and will almost certainly have design cus from Evoque/LRX.
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 06:35pm by ant.)
16-06-2011 06:33pm
vinda

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticl...rs/257765/
22-06-2011 12:08am
SW6RR

Clearly we all have a vested interest, and so I'm not impartial, but I call total horse*** on these stories.

When I am proved wrong - you can all remind me of this thread...!

RR have put so much into the design and the concept of the what the Evoque is meant to be and what it stands for (not to mention the engineering challenges to keep it true to the LRX prototype).

It would be comical to see Gerry McGovern walk up to a lectern next week, after all the fanfare of the Evoque, the challenges, the purity, the design, and say "Oh yeh, and we've puffed it up a bit, called it the Grand Evoque, so.... you can buy a slightly bigger one if you like".

No way.

Now all we have to wait for is the official LR press release which proves me totally wrong... Smile)
22-06-2011 08:47am
Fox

It won't replace the Discovery.

With Land Rover and Range Rover now being set up as twodifferent brands they won't leave LR with just the Freelander and Defender.

And with regards to dilution... ? Shocked
The Evoque is viewed by many driveres of bigger Range Rovers as the dilution of the Range Rover brand. A smaller Evoque has been proposed a long time ago and is supposed to be coming out fairly soon. (in automotive terms...)

So expect a whole family of similar looking Range Rovers.
It's not a model any more. It's a brand. Dilution is to be expected when you go from one model (which is rather expensive) to a whole load of them (that are cheaper).

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2011 03:10pm by Fox.)
24-06-2011 03:07pm
paulus599

(24-06-2011 03:07pm)Fox Wrote:  And with regards to dilution... ? Shocked
The Evoque is viewed by many driveres of bigger Range Rovers as the dilution of the Range Rover brand. A smaller Evoque has been proposed a long time ago and is supposed to be coming out fairly soon. (in automotive terms...)

So expect a whole family of similar looking Range Rovers.
It's not a model any more. It's a brand. Dilution is to be expected when you go from one model (which is rather expensive) to a whole load of them (that are cheaper).

Yes, up to a point I agree with what you are saying. After all it's exactly what BMW has done with the Mini, i.e. they have created a 'new' brand with a fresh design, let it establish itself for a few years and are now bringing out umpteen different versions of it. As a result it no longer looks like a fresh design, it's just another variation of a theme. As a result it will ultimately only do more harm than good.
If the stories regarding a larger, and now you say a smaller Evoque are true my worry is not that it will dilute the Range Rover brand (I couldn't care less what it's called to be honest) but that it will dilute the design, which after all is what we are all buying into.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
24-06-2011 07:31pm
Kermit

(15-06-2011 06:33pm)Alex Wrote:  I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

I think you mean 8 speed as the updated XF gets one behind the 2.2L diesel (same engine in the RRE). As for engines: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Autocar-J...gine-plant
(22-06-2011 12:08am)vinda Wrote:  http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticl...rs/257765/

I think the article is all speculation, like 90% of 'net news'.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2011 03:05am by Kermit.)
25-06-2011 03:01am
Fox

(24-06-2011 07:31pm)paulus599 Wrote:  If the stories regarding a larger, and now you say a smaller Evoque are true my worry is not that it will dilute the Range Rover brand (I couldn't care less what it's called to be honest) but that it will dilute the design, which after all is what we are all buying into.

Here is a link to the story on the mini Evoque.
According to the mag it's due to arrive around 2013/14.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoex...rival.html

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
25-06-2011 09:38pm