Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Record Set - mpg
speary

RE: New Record Set - mpg

On long runs and keeping to the 10% + 2 mph rule for speed limits I am averaging 42mpg. My average over 2 years and 30,000 miles is 38 mpg. Sd4 manual. I am happy with that

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
27-02-2014 09:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

For the MPG on the 2014 model to have increased by so much, what else apart from the gear box have they changed which should have given this massive improvement.

The readings of 50+mpg, is this taken from the dashboard display or have you worked out the true figures?
I ask as the older model used to under calculate the mpg readings & could now be the case that LR have changed the software to improve the display mpg.

Three extra gears to increase the mpg by around 15 Shocked (based on a 35mpg average)

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 10:41am by doug.)
27-02-2014 10:40am
trevd01

I'm waiting for my 2014 Evoque SD4 9sp auto, due March.

But I have been driving a Freelander SD4 6sp auto for nearly 4 years, c50K miles. Average mpg = 39.4. Measured properly from brimming the tank and calculating. As that is an average, clearly some tankfuls better, some worse.

So I expect the 2014 Evoque which is a bit lighter, maybe a bit slipperier, with 9sp and stop-start will do better. I will be disappointed if I don't get over 45mpg average with similar driving.

I expect the overall cost of ownership will be less on the Evoque, with the UK fixed price service package (£599/4yrs which was not available in 2010 when I bought the Freelander, and is less than the first two services cost me), a bit less depreciation, and the lower VED (annual tax based on emission in the UK). And the better mpg, of course.
27-02-2014 11:44am
Stadt Panzer

New Record Set - mpg

Doug,

The info is taken from the new Eco data screen that JLR have introduced.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
27-02-2014 12:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would be very wary of using the trip computer and eco data displays - II have had LR cars that in daily driving can reach the official figures using brim to brim and either an excel spreadsheet or Fuelly.com but the trip computer was wildly optimistic about average fuel consumptions - beating the official figures by a big margin. My 6 Speed Auto Evoque was my first LR product that couldn't get within 15% of official claims or on my own spreadsheet or Fuelly.com. I will be happy if I can average 42-45mpg in daily use in the new car, the old one giving 34-38mpg - 50+mpg will take some doing in the UK with our hilly motorways I suspect. First week of April will prove if the car can or not and I am not a heavy footed driver.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-02-2014 12:54pm
fam1x

(26-02-2014 06:40pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Well after my long flat run to the UK I managed 50mpg with the new 9 speed. Today I broke my record with a return of 54mpg over a short 50 mile trip.

Now I don't drive slow or fast but I do hit all the speed limits and stay there but 54mpg I am more than a happy bunny. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

wow that is amazing would make anyone of go buy one. However what is the fuel consumption like in traffic day to day driving in trafiic etc, as to motor way driving at a constant speed.

I found if I drive at a constant 50mph for 6 miles I get 28mpg, I'm sure if I did that every day my average mpg would be high.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-02-2014 05:10pm
Stadt Panzer

New Record Set - mpg

Mine was set by a bit of everything, town, motorway, country road. My normal way to work [WINKING FACE]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
27-02-2014 08:10pm
MartinP

SD4 manual 32000 miles 38ish mpg so I am very similar to speary

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-02-2014 09:51pm
Vern

I use the iPhone app, mileagekeeper and have done since I got my Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic in March 2012. Have averaged 28.8mpg over 38513mls. I do have a heavy right foot and most of the miles have been done in Europe.

Looking forward to see what I get from my new MY14 Evoque, same spec, that I am collecting on Saturday morning. Would be fantastic to get to the 40+ mpg mark.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
27-02-2014 10:26pm
timhum

With these reports of fuel consumption being reduced by around 40% with the 9 speed auto surely this must be attributed to some thing more than the gearbox and stop/start. StadtPanzers figures have been achieved on long runs so stop/start will not really come into play and its hard to see how reducing engine revs by 300 at 80mph would make that sort of difference. For this sort of improvement surely the engine has been modified by LR in someway?

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
28-02-2014 10:04am