Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Mini Roadster
tash

RE: New Mini Roadster

Dealers are part of bigger group companies and if good but over a certain age or mileage may move out the franchise but to another dealer in group, or it has been bought in from auction.

Got have gone for a smaller car though or bought car for son/daughter

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
25-04-2012 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(25-04-2012 09:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Thanks for the mini advice Tash, what I cannot understand is why somebody would chop in an 8 year old SL for a Pug, unless it's the RZC they have gone for.

When we picked up the Evoque, the dealer intimated that he would buy my SL500 when I came to sell it, as it's such a low mileage car, so maybe sometimes dealers buy cars of different brands because they see some potential profit per se, as well as taking them as trade-in.
25-04-2012 10:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm passed midlife crisis age I think at 55, but today I saw a KTM X-bow thing in the lay-by across the road from my house and wow what a machine, bit basic even after a Defender (which at least has a roof and windscreen!). It even made the several Caterhams (including one very strange looking one that appeared to have "stealth" panels instead of the usual Lotus 7 sort of bodywork. I doubt I could afford a KTN though and can it be driven on a car licence or does it require a bike licence - 300bhp out of it's Audi 2.lTFSi engine must give it quite some performance too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-05-2012 10:39pm
Mudi1

Why don't you get drive both mini & merc, might make your decision easier.
07-05-2012 12:39am
pugracer

I would go for the MX5. I sold my red soft top Mark III for 3 years when I bought my Elise. I would pay to get it back if I had an extra parking spot. (Those are freaking expensive here!) It looked great, and drove great. I love the manual soft top, which I can open and close singled handed in a few seconds even on the move. The manual box is the sweetest I have tried my hands on, even compared to the like of Porsches.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
07-05-2012 01:28pm
Stevver0

No doubt mini roadster is best car which has been used in this day's .It's gaining popularity due to its performance and quality.My friend also has this brand of car and we drive it whenever we decide to get out for recreation.Its very beautiful and attractive car we love it and very enjoyed to drive it.
10-05-2013 10:43am
cutter7

It’s called a Cooper S ?.. and still made at Cowley in Oxfordshire.. Very Happy

This very cool Roadster is a sunshine car, It’s fast, great fun, it’s not very practical, it handles like a go-kart and it’s quite expensive £20,905 basic spec, (£400 more than the four seater)

The idea of this model i think, was to make a lighter faster, two-seater version of the Mini Cooper S and to achieve this they’ve streamlined the bonnet without losing the classic round-lamp Mini face look.

As it only has two seats means that this lively 1.6-litre Mini engine throws you around even more eagerly, it accelerates like a motorbike, and at 70-80 mph it feels like it wants to go twice as fast, and if you lift off or change down you get a lovely crackle and pop sound from the gorgeous twin pipes, the gearbox is an absolute joy to play with and if you want added toys etc, which are a Harman Kardon stereo, heated seats, parking sensors, and stability control and many more.. these come at a very large price..!

One thing you do notice about BMW Minis is that you never see them broken down at the side of a road, and i also can't understand who would buy this two seater version instead of a normal four seater Mini Cooper S Convertible?

I Would like one though...Wink

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 08:37pm by cutter7.)
10-05-2013 07:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting comment in I think What Car this month that they reckon the purest and most fun mini is now the ClubVAN!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-05-2013 09:48pm
cutter7

New Mini Roadster

Mini claims the Clubvan is the first premium product to grace the small van sector and vows it will prove that style can be practical while practicality can also be stylish.

It is based closely on the Mini Clubman passenger car and is aimed mainly at fashionable, upmarket urban operators who will want the van to do its bit in promoting the image of the business. However, the obvious attraction to buyers using the vehicle for work is that its commercial categorisation enables them to claim back the VAT.

10-05-2013 10:27pm
jos

strange to know that a basic pure 2wd evoque
is cheaper here than a mini cooper sd (paceman)
with the similar equipment

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
11-05-2013 09:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply