Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!
Neo

RE: New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!

Damo, you can play around with the car prices using the new car search tool on carsales.com.au to get an idea of the list price. The tool also lets u select the options you want. Hope that helps.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
23-05-2012 08:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiTan

(23-05-2012 03:22am)Damo Wrote:  At this stage I've ordered an Auto TD4 Pure 5 door in Fuji White and ebony leather. Options I have selected are the panoramic roof, heated seats, tech pack, clearview pack, rear vents, reversing camera, and front/rear parking sensors. Dealer has quoted a September/October delivery, though from what I've seen on this forum, that might be ambitious!

I'm considering a few extra options, but the dealer (amazingly) has been a bit reticent, suggesting I won't get a lot of value from them, or may not like them. They include the ebony headlining, keyless entry, maybe going for a prestige (though the extra $$ is something that's hard to swallow), and powered tailgate. Any thoughts on these, or other options that I should be considering? I am also not sure on what wheels to go for. I love the look of the 19/20s, but don't wanna be spending heaps on tyres, or imapct the smoothness of the ride. I don't plan to go offroad, so that's not an issue for me.

That is remarkably close to what I have ordered, though I went with the Almond interior, rather than the ebony. I also toyed with and eventually left off the options of the keyless entry and the powered tailgate. I did go with the auto park though. Asking $1500 to avoid pressing a button but only $1000 for the car to park itself seemed an odd pricing stucture, but oh well.

Purely personally I didn't see the value in the tailgate, but each to their own.

I really think the Evoque (like nearly every car) benefits hugely from upsized wheels, so went with the 19" as the best compromise between looks (i.e 20") and ride comfort.

Assuming the current delivery schedule holds, about 4 months from order to delivery is about right, so a late september early October delivery should be realistic.
23-05-2012 08:30am
allyb123

New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!

I find the powered tailgate very useful indeed. I would definitely order this again. I don't have the keyless entry but it's an option I can certainly live without.
The 20" wheels are very comfortable but I have the adaptive dynamics which changes things somewhat.
If saving on the pennies, and if you've always driven smaller petrol cars, why not try the Si4 Pure and add one or two options to that? As previously mentioned on here many times, there are so many possible options that no two individuals will have the same ideas and requirements for their Evoque. Test drive and see as many as you can mate

On Order - Evoque 5dr Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White, Vortex, Contrast Pano' Roof, Style 7 wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Tech Pack
23-05-2012 09:17am
Damo

I think I might try the Si4 actually - I looked onlined at the website (thanks Neo) and it isn't all that much more than the SD4. I thought it was another $4k on top of it, but seems it's about $500. 177kW is certainly tempting!

I watched the YouTube video of the park assist - looks pretty cool, not sure that I'd use it though. Would be fun to show people though Smile

Thanks for your advice everyone! I'll be sure to update this post after I've driven a few more on the weekend!

Ordered: TD4, Auto, 5 door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headliner, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, Heated Seats + More!
24-05-2012 12:54am
TiTan

(24-05-2012 12:54am)Damo Wrote:  I think I might try the Si4 actually - I looked onlined at the website (thanks Neo) and it isn't all that much more than the SD4. I thought it was another $4k on top of it, but seems it's about $500. 177kW is certainly tempting!

SI4 means the luxury car tax kicks in at around $58K, the TD4/SD4 it doesn't kick in until $75K - so the list price can look similar, but with LCT on top it can add up to a fair bit more. Just something to keep in mind.
24-05-2012 04:38am
Neo

On the site if you specify the state you are in, it will calculate the taxes for you also. It certainly quite accurate when i spec'd my car and the dealers quoted close to the price. Only variation is each dealer will charge you different dealer delivery charges and if you are a corporate customer.

Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

24-05-2012 05:16am
TiTan

(24-05-2012 05:16am)Neo Wrote:  On the site if you specify the state you are in, it will calculate the taxes for you also. It certainly quite accurate when i spec'd my car and the dealers quoted close to the price. Only variation is each dealer will charge you different dealer delivery charges and if you are a corporate customer.

aah fair call - I think what happened is that I forgot that the base prices listed for the TD4/SD4 are manual, whereas the Si4 is auto only. That means the $3K difference between the Sd4 and the Si4 becomes about $500 once you include the $2500 cost of the auto transmission. I think anyway Laughing
24-05-2012 05:24am
Neo

(24-05-2012 04:38am)TiTan Wrote:  SI4 means the luxury car tax kicks in at around $58K, the TD4/SD4 it doesn't kick in until $75K - so the list price can look similar, but with LCT on top it can add up to a fair bit more. Just something to keep in mind.

Titan is right with the LCT so cars with a rated fuel consumption of less than 7L/100kms ( so the td4 & sd4) are in this range) and with a purchase price of below $75,370 ( ex other gotv fees and charges) are lct exempt.

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 05:37am by Neo.)
24-05-2012 05:36am
Damo

Okay, so spent a good bit of Saturday morning at the dealer. Answered some questions, and asked some more! Decided to stick with the TD4, I really didn't notice any difference when driving the SD4. Also decided to get the ebony headlining, the all black interior looks amazing. I have the pano roof option, so don't think it will be too dark. I decided on 19" wheels (the chunky, 6 spoke ones), seems like a good compromoise between size and ride.

Issue I have now is that I saw a black one there and think it looked great. I've ordered white, but am considering changing to black. I was totally sold on the white beforehand, so am going to give myself a few days to consider it...

Ordered: TD4, Auto, 5 door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headliner, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, Heated Seats + More!
28-05-2012 01:31am
TiTan

Its purely a matter of personal preference, but having just sold a black car to upgrade to my Evoque, I doubt I would buy a black car again. When new/sparkling clean they look amazing, but even a little bit of road dust/dirt makes them look very dull. Plus, the all black look (body, glass, roof) hides some of the styling touches of the Evoque, which is a shame IMO.
28-05-2012 02:06am