Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member - Help with Build and Price
BMW86

New Member - Help with Build and Price

Hi Everyone

I took the Evoque for a test drive on the weekend and I am sold! It's fantastic. I was ready to commit to building a BMW X3 30d but I had been holding off in the hopes BMW would bring the 35d (twin turbo 225kw) variant to Australia. I dismissed the Evoque many months ago assuming it would be too small but after reading and watching the rave reviews online, I had to go test drive one. I'm glad I did as it lives up to the hype with a real backseat.

The only other SUV I have owned is a Nissan X-trail Ti-L and it never skipped a beat but I'm looking forward to joining the Land Rover brand. Since then I have owned mostly BMW's and been very happy with them. I currently drive a modified BMW 135i. I only wish Land Rover offered the Evoque with a bigger engine (200kw+ diesel) and I'm sure a few of us would happily pay a premium for such power. I am only interested in diesel variants as I'm trying to save on running costs and I love torque! Having said that, I was satisfied with the performance SD4 that I drove on the weekend though.

After doing some research I have decided on a Pure spec because after doing the math it seems like better value. I would love to get the Dynamic but I can't justify spending that much extra for the difference in options. For those that have ordered the car, can you offer me some advice on my proposed build and what I should expect to pay?

Evoque 5 Door
TD4 140kw Diesel
Pure Spec
Fuji White - Cirrus Leather
Automatic
Panoramic Contrast Roof
Tech Pack
Navigation
Clear View Pack
Keyless Entry
Tailgate
Privacy Glass
Heated Front Seats

A few more questions.
1. Is it possible to get the Contrast Black Roof on the Pure Spec?
2. Are the Panoramic and Contrast Roof two separate options?
3. Is Park Assist worth it? Or is it purely novelty?
4. Is there any other trim available other than Satin Brushed Aluminium for the Pure? I don't like the Aluminium.
5. Are there any other must-have options that anyone can recommend?
6. How long is the wait? The dealer I went to presently is not sure of future allocations and cannot assure me a build date.
7. How much discount can I expect to pay? The dealer I went to is playing hard and is only willing to give $1500 off retail.

Sorry for the longwinded post and all the questions. I have already done my research but I'd like to hear feedback and opinions from other Evoque owners and I have already heard conflicting stories from different dealers. Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 05:24am by BMW86.)
07-12-2011 05:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

RE: New Member - Help with Build and Price

Yes you can get the contrast roof..
It is a serpate option to the panoramic (extra $935)
Park assit could be handy.. You have reverse sensors standard.. but the cameras would be useful
No other trim options..
You've specced pretty much everything thats worth it.. lol..
The wait... OOOh just have a look at some of the threads.. lol.. Mine's bumped back till March.. Depending or you're dealer i would say anything from March onwards

Not a bad discount your being offered
07-12-2011 06:09am
BMW86

Thanks for the advice 3VOQU3.

I had a quick look through the brochure/price list again and it seems contrast roof is not available on the Pure spec, contrary to what one of the dealers has advised me. I hope this is possible as I think it will look brilliant on Fuji White.

As for the Park Assist, from what I'm told it's automated parking. However, the dealer actually advised me that it doesn't detect utes as they hit one during testing! I think I will move that option to the 'maybe' list.

I hope I can finalise a deal soon as I want an allocation as soon as I can followed by a VIN number so I know my car is in production. The $1500 discount is a start but it isn't enough to make me put a deposit down without shopping around first and seeing what everyone else is getting. It seems like there is a lot of demand for the Evoque though.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 07:08am by BMW86.)
07-12-2011 07:08am
Barneyridge

I went the TD4 as the difference of $4,000 could not be justified. My salesman could have sold me the SD4 however he advised in real world driving I would not notice the difference. Most of my driving is to and from work. The difference is felt higher in the rev range apparently. The torque figure was more important to me than KW and there is less than a 5% difference between the engines. You could always tune up the TD4, there is a thread in the modification section.

1. On the LR website you can elect the contrast roof (from November production onwards), so I think you should be fine
2. No. If you want the panoramic roof you can choose contrast or not. But if you want the panoramic roof you need the tech pack.
3. Novelty for me, I can reverse and parallel park Smile A rear camera was essential I thought (you need to elect front parking aid for the rear camera)
4. I do not believe so. There were some thread about wrapping the aluminum though. For the option you need to go to the prestige
5. Rear camera
6. Order now you would expect delivery around June, but we have all suffered with delays
7. $1,500 is not bad given the comments so far.

If you go to car point you can spec up your car. The TD4 is approx $80,000 drive away Vs $84,000 for the SD4

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
07-12-2011 07:28am
BMW86

Thanks for the advice Barneyridge.

So far things are sounding good re the feedback. I am happy I can get the contrast black roof even if I have to pay extra for it as it's the theme I am going for. I will look into changing the front grill and badging later on to match the rest of the car. I might be biased but Fuji White looks sensational on the Evoque, especially in Dynamic!

I'm going to cross Park Assist off the list, I know I will never end up using it and the dimensions of the car make it very manoeuvrable and easy to drive. I will elect to have parking sensors for front and rears though. I have the rears sensors on my BMW and it takes the guess work out of parking in tight spaces even though that car is very small. I will look into the rear camera as well.

Is there a reliable dealer or supplier for Land Rover parts that anyone can recommend? For my other cars I order everything from either USA or UK and it generally works out less than half price, after shipping and any other fees. The stealerships here have quoted me some horrendous prices in the past.

From the sounds of things it looks like I won't get the car until mid next year which is a bit disappointing, however, I've been through similar situation with other cars I've ordered. It's best to put a deposit down and try and forget about it. I might start shopping for a few mods and other goodies in the meantime though Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 08:22am by BMW86.)
07-12-2011 08:20am
Barneyridge

For parts look at duckworths. I think they are a site sponsor. Otherwise do a google search. Not many places yet with evoque parts, but assumed this will grow in the near future

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
07-12-2011 09:09pm
BMW86

Thanks for the recommendation Barneyridge. It shocks me what prices dealers get away with charging here. I've saved a lot of money over the years ordering direct from overseas.

2009 BMW 135i Coupe - with a few mods Wink
2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition ABS
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG - on the way
08-12-2011 01:57am
BMW86

So I drove an X3 30d M Sport.. I kind of wish I didn't as it gives me a lot more to think about!

It's the first time I've seen the M Sport and it looks fantastic. Also the 30d engine is a real gem mated with the 8 speed. 1st and 2nd gear involve violent bursts of acceleration from all that torque.. I love it.

I need to see and experience the Evoque again. The X3 is definitely the more sensible choice, it's a bit understated compared to the Evoque, better fuel economy, slightly bigger trunk and an amazing engine/transmission. Plus I know I'm biased towards BMW's.

However, the Evoque really only falls short in the engine/transmission department. The power in the SD4 does feel adequate and fuel economy is not a big deal breaker. Everything else about the Evoque is brilliant. It deserves all the accolades.

If I was choosing between an Evoque SD4 and X3 20d I'd pick the Evoque for sure. However, I'm tossing up between an Evoque SD4 and an X3 30d. The difference in price is about 15k though so I need to take that into account too.

Any thoughts? Anyone here briefly own a F25 X3?

(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 01:32am by BMW86.)
15-12-2011 01:31am
WB
WB

Nice spec, the only other options I'd recommend are the 19" wheels and the rear camera which in my opinion should be standard equipment.
15-12-2011 01:06pm
BMW86

(15-12-2011 01:06pm)WB Wrote:  Nice spec, the only other options I'd recommend are the 19" wheels and the rear camera which in my opinion should be standard equipment.

Thanks for the advice WB.

I think I'll pass up on the 19's for now as the options keep adding up and I may go with a set of tasteful aftermarket wheels later down the track, possibly in 20 inch.

As for the rear camera, that's a very good idea as I know there is limited visibility in the rear and I may regret not getting it later.

I've done some more research and looked at some more photos/videos and I'm 90% leaning towards the Evoque. I'll check out both cars back to back but I'm quietly confident I'll be choosing the Evoque. It really is one of the best SUV in it's price range and imho one of the best looking SUV in the world right now.

(This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 08:31am by BMW86.)
17-12-2011 08:30am