Panoramic Contrast Roof
Tech Pack
Navigation
Clear View Pack
Keyless Entry
Tailgate
Privacy Glass
Heated Front Seats

Nice spec - but seriously Heated Seats in Brisbane?

One of the reasons I went for the Dynamic was the price on adding the electric seats into the Pure. Along with the other options that I was looking at - when I priced up side by side it wasn't much more to get the Dynamic.

Fuji White Dynamic TD4 | Style 5 19" Rims | Pano Roof | Park Assist | Auto Tail Gate | Rear Cam
18-12-2011 09:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BMW86

RE: New Member - Help with Build and Price

(18-12-2011 09:37am)DT_Sanchez Wrote:  Nice spec - but seriously Heated Seats in Brisbane?

One of the reasons I went for the Dynamic was the price on adding the electric seats into the Pure. Along with the other options that I was looking at - when I priced up side by side it wasn't much more to get the Dynamic.

Agreed. It's not a necessity but it's nice to have. I have it in my BMW and I like having the seats warm, with the windows down so I can listen to the forced induction noises my engine makes in addition to the exhaust during winter. I'm not sure if that will be the case listening to the SD4 Laughing The heated seats are a relatively cheap option though. I'll have to sit down and crunch the numbers again as I've added a few more options since my initial quote. I have a feeling that the Pure will still work out cheaper than the Dynamic though.

2009 BMW 135i Coupe - with a few mods Wink
2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition ABS
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG - on the way
18-12-2011 09:45am
RonnieNavani

just doing some figures on your car mate, and I would still strongly suggest going for the DYNAMIC; I got rid of the heated seats on the evoque, But i love every minute of it on my my 1 series.. one of the main reasons was that there is no sunroof, so the cold air doesn't affect much and plus I have the auto air filtration on my car.
the tech pack on the pure is just a joke.. but the tech pack on the prestige and dynamic is marginally value for money.

on the dynamic, I would probably get rid if the Keyless entry, privacy glass and heated seats and save the $2.5k

Evoque 5 Door PURE - $ 57,395
SD4 140kw Diesel
Fuji White - Cirrus Leather
Automatic - $ 2,480
Panoramic Contrast Roof - $ 1,035 + $ 955
Tech Pack - $ 4,500
Navigation - $ 3,400
Clear View Pack $ 1,300
Keyless Entry $ 1,495.00
Tailgate $ 1,020
Privacy Glass - $ 670 (also consider just getting it all the windows tinted, be much cheaper)
Heated Front Seats - $600
TOTAL = $ 74,850 + Dealer Delivery + Stamp Duty + REGO (Incl CTP) - NO LCT

Evoque 5 Door DYNAMIC - $ 70,895
SD4 140kw Diesel
Automatic - $ 2,480
Panoramic Contrast Roof $ 1,035 + $955
Tech Pack - $ 5,900
Navigation (Part of Tech Pack)
Clear View Pack (Standard)
Keyless Entry - $ 1,495.00
Tailgate (Part of Tech Pack)
Privacy Glass - $ 670 (also consider just getting it all the windows tinted, be much cheaper)
Heated Front Seats - $ 600
TOTAL = $ 84,030 + Dealer Delivery + Luxury Car Tax + Stamp Duty + REGO (Incl CTP)

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
18-12-2011 11:11am
BMW86

(18-12-2011 11:11am)RonnieNavani Wrote:  just doing some figures on your car mate, and I would still strongly suggest going for the DYNAMIC; I got rid of the heated seats on the evoque, But i love every minute of it on my my 1 series.. one of the main reasons was that there is no sunroof, so the cold air doesn't affect much and plus I have the auto air filtration on my car.
the tech pack on the pure is just a joke.. but the tech pack on the prestige and dynamic is marginally value for money.

on the dynamic, I would probably get rid if the Keyless entry, privacy glass and heated seats and save the $2.5k

Evoque 5 Door PURE - $ 57,395
SD4 140kw Diesel
Automatic - $ 2,480
Panoramic Contrast Roof - $ 1,035 + $ 955
Tech Pack - $ 4,500
Navigation - $ 3,400
Clear View Pack $ 1,300
Keyless Entry $ 1,495.00
Tailgate $ 1,020
Heated Front Seats - $600
TOTAL = $ 74,850 + Dealer Delivery + Stamp Duty + REGO (Incl CTP) - NO LCT

Evoque 5 Door DYNAMIC - $ 70,895
SD4 140kw Diesel
Automatic - $ 2,480
Panoramic Contrast Roof $ 1,035 + $955
Tech Pack - $ 5,900
Navigation (Part of Tech Pack)
Clear View Pack (Standard)
Keyless Entry - $ 1,495.00
Tailgate (Part of Tech Pack)
Heated Front Seats - $ 600
TOTAL = $ 84,030 + Dealer Delivery + Luxury Car Tax + Stamp Duty + REGO (Incl CTP)

Thanks for the advice mate and appreciate you crunching the numbers for me.

I'm definitely keeping the Keyless Entry. I'm used to having it on other cars and it's second nature now, I definitely see the value in it. I could part with the heated seats though. My main reason for the privacy glass is that the tint is much darker on the rear windows and I like the contrast on Fuji White. I've been told that if this is done from factory it is completely legal, otherwise it would technically be illegal to have that darkness of tint done here in Australia. I'm happy to pay to have the 2 front windows tinted later, even if it costs me extra.

Also, can I ask why you recommend the Dynamic over the Pure considering there is roughly a 10k difference when spec'd the same way? I'd love the Dynamic but having a hard time justifying the premium in price when they are very much the same build.

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 11:53am by BMW86.)
18-12-2011 11:51am
Evoque U

imho the privacy glass is a rort, I'm sure you can find someone to tint your windows for 1/4 of the price. When ours arrives it is costing us nix to have all windows tinted, the rear as dark as privacy and the front legal. If you are ever pulled over and questioned your answer is simply "it is factory privacy glass sir" they never ask for proof and would not have a clue if it is or isn't.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
18-12-2011 12:28pm
BMW86

(18-12-2011 12:28pm)Evoque U Wrote:  imho the privacy glass is a rort, I'm sure you can find someone to tint your windows for 1/4 of the price. When ours arrives it is costing us nix to have all windows tinted, the rear as dark as privacy and the front legal. If you are ever pulled over and questioned your answer is simply "it is factory privacy glass sir" they never ask for proof and would not have a clue if it is or isn't.

That's a good point. My only other concern would be if insurance companies would be able to tell in the event I need to make a claim. Also, does anyone know if aftermarket tint has any effect on keyless entry? I know this is the case on other brands due to metal in the tint.

18-12-2011 12:34pm
Bomberboy

(18-12-2011 11:51am)BMW86 Wrote:  Also, can I ask why you recommend the Dynamic over the Pure considering there is roughly a 10k difference when spec'd the same way? I'd love the Dynamic but having a hard time justifying the premium in price when they are very much the same build.

this is some of what the extra $10k buys in order of importance to my decision in ordering my dynamic....

the must haves;
- rear camera - must have! especially for the evoque's rear windows
- the body kit - how much is this worth? just look at two evoques in the flesh side by side form the rear... the dynamic looks sick (in an awesome way)

the handy to haves;
- improved interior quality leather seats, with electric control - something else i noticed when comparing pure and dynamics side by side
- front parking sensors
- power rear tailgate - evoque's back arse is heavy as...
- say what you want voice control
- the hdd system which rips 10 x cd quality cd's into the hard disc

the don't care so much abouts;
- air filtration system
- illuminated door sills

And that is why after comparing pure vs dynamic, I'm gonna be more than $10k poorer when my car arrives. : P
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 12:44pm by Bomberboy.)
18-12-2011 12:44pm
BMW86

Thanks for the input guys.

This is my latest build that I've come up with:

Pure TD4 57395
Automatic 2480
Pure Tech Pack 4500
Clear View Pack 1300
Contrast Paint Roof - Sumatra Black 955
Privacy Glass 670
Pure Mats 200
Heated Seats 600
Keyless Entry 1495
Front Parking Aid 620
Rear Camera Parking Aid including hitching guidance 670
Powered Electrical Tailgate 1020
Fixed Panoramic roof including Power Blinds 1035
HDD Premium Navigation 3400
Total - $76340

Dynamic TD4 70895
Automatic 2480
Dynamic Tech Pack 5900
Clear View Pack
Contrast Paint Roof - Sumatra Black 955
Privacy Glass 670
Heated Seats 600
Keyless Entry 1495
Front Parking Aid 620
Rear Camera Parking Aid including hitching guidance
Powered Electrical Tailgate
Fixed Panoramic roof including Power Blinds 1035
HDD Premium Navigation
Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror
Automatic High Beam Assist 335
Total - $84985

The main differences in these 2 builds that I can see are:
- Cosmetic/body kit
- Superior interior quality leather seats
- Electric seats (can be added to Pure for $955 without memory function) *Apparently standard from Nov Production on p10?
- Voice Control
- Air Filtration
- Illuminated Door Sills
- High Beam Assist (cannot be added to Pure)

The difference in price between Pure and Dynamic comes to $8645.

If I was willing to spend the extra I would rather put that difference towards the following options on a Pure:
17 Speaker 825watt sound system - 2385
Analogue/Digital Television - 1450

Unless I'm missing something it seems like building a Pure is the way to go.

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 02:24pm by BMW86.)
18-12-2011 02:22pm
DefLeppard

The $955 electric seat addition to the pure is just the electric up and down - as seen on the current models here with the Pure tech pack. All other adjustments are manual.

If you want full 6/4 electric on a pure , the cost is $2500 (front/back slide, up/down height, back recline)
As much as I love fully electric seats , Im keeping my $2500.

The best seats are the 8/6 on the prestige, that gives you the cushion seat tilt. These I would pay for on a pure if they were an option (which they are not)

The LCT (and lack of budget) is what stopped me from getting a Prestige. Its a killer as soon as you go over that $75375k. It is calculated on the car price (including dealer delivery and gst) and is a shocking 33%.

Eg get a $85k evoque instead of a $75k evoque and you now owe the Government $3300 as well.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
18-12-2011 11:24pm
BMW86

(18-12-2011 11:24pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  The $955 electric seat addition to the pure is just the electric up and down - as seen on the current models here with the Pure tech pack. All other adjustments are manual.

If you want full 6/4 electric on a pure , the cost is $2500 (front/back slide, up/down height, back recline)
As much as I love fully electric seats , Im keeping my $2500.

The best seats are the 8/6 on the prestige, that gives you the cushion seat tilt. These I would pay for on a pure if they were an option (which they are not)

The LCT (and lack of budget) is what stopped me from getting a Prestige. Its a killer as soon as you go over that $75375k. It is calculated on the car price (including dealer delivery and gst) and is a shocking 33%.

Eg get a $85k evoque instead of a $75k evoque and you now owe the Government $3300 as well.

The electric seats are not a deal breaker for me either. I don't think I will get them although they are handy to have but not worth the money on a Pure build.

Am I right in saying if I build an Evoque under 75k (before on road costs and GST, delivery fee etc) I will avoid the LCT entirely?

If I dropped a few options for my Pure build above or was able to get it for under 75k would I still be up for the LCT?

(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 12:02am by BMW86.)
19-12-2011 12:01am