Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anynoe ordered the InControl App thingy
iwf

Anynoe ordered the InControl App thingy

I understand that the new InControl Apps thing is only available in the 15cars and then only for delivery after 1/9.

Just wondered if any else ordered it, or in fact if anyone's got it yet. Jaguar were bigging it up in their latest release video. Mine is due late Oct. Then the fun will really start.
27-08-2014 01:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Anynoe ordered the InControl App thingy

If my InControl Remote is anything to go by.................... It won't work if you don't have good GPRS or better mobile phone networks where you are. I Don't have 3G or 4G where I live and if I park the car close to my garage I get no connections to the car from the iPhone app. Even which way round I park the car on my drive makes a difference, so if you live somewhere remotish ( I live in a small village in Central Scotland close to two big cities but have crap mobile phone signals) then you may be disappointed. You have the luxury of living in/ near to London and have all the latest communications systems, so so long as you don't venture outside the M4 corridor you should find it works well. The rest of us who live in the "real" Britain with mountains and forests don't have all these fancy gizmos you city boys have so the system doesn't work so well for the vast majority of UK citizens who don't live in London. Wink when I venture south to visit the teaming millions my system works fine!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 01:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2014 01:43pm
iwf

The Incontrol App thingy is not the same as Incontrol Remote, or even Incontrol Secure, I think.

The App version is the means to run iphone/android apps on the main display. Remote is the thing that allows you check whether you've left the doors open, now a standard on new Evoques for its remote call to LR. Secure is the tracking service in case it gets nicked. Both the latter two rely on the car having a sim card in it for 3G/GPRS, hence your problems 'up north'.

At least you probably get to use your car on hills. Most of them around where I live are used just to get the 'darling's to school on a morning. I'm getting mine so when I run over one of the mums I don't feel the bump so much. Smile
27-08-2014 02:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You need an RRS or FFRR not to feel those bumps at all, even potholes are eaten by those two cars!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 04:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2014 04:16pm