Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neo's Evoque
Neo

Neo's Evoque

Hi All,

Neo in Oz here. Well, the car has finally arrived after 4 1/2 months wait. Here are my thoughts from the first day driving around

1. Looks: the car looks fantastic and I was surprised how white the car looks. Maybe too many white bits on the car? Perhaps choosing the contrast roof (black) would balance it out more? Anyhow, I'm not complaining as the car looks awesome. I'm glad i chose the style 7 as IMO makes the car looks oh so special. It really adds another dimension to the looks of the car.

2. Dynamics: The car feels great and the dynamics of the car is top-notch. I drive it like my Golf GTI and I can't feel the difference. It must be the amazing AD which works wonders. I'm glad I chose it as it improves everything on the car; handling, roll control & suspension. It rides over bumps like they weren't there! When I enable 'S' mode and engage the Dynamics - the throttle response is amazing and together with the power of the diesel engine, the car really moves and the pickup is instantaneous. It really feels like driving my Golf GTI.

3. Interior: the perforated leather is nice and contrast trim really stands out. The only quarm I have with the seats is with the driver seat where the centre piece is not wide enough which means the sides of the seat cuts into my bum. I'm of slim build so not sure why? The ambient lights can be brighter.

4. Gadgets: the auto rear tailgate is awesome and so convenient. Can't live with out it. The reverse camera is great for viewing objects or kids behind the vehicle. The pano roof is gorgeous and everyone loves it. Too bad the driver can't make use of it. However, I can feel the extra light in the cabin with it open. Sitting in the back seat and I know why everyone loves it - the view of the sky and stars are spectacular! The dash screen is great too and doesn't seem to lag so I'm happy with it's response. The Bluetooth & music streaming works like a treat.

5. Issues: none so far (touching wood). I carefully went through the whole car internal & external and didn't notice any problems like some other members are experiencing. I image the build quality has improved over time.

All in all, love the first day of driving and admiring the car and hope the feeling would continue over the next months/years.....

Below is a photo of the car during pickup at the dealer. Will promise a better photo shoot after the GTech and tinting is done.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
14-08-2012 11:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Neo's Evoque

Congrats Neo, seems to have been a long time coming!

Know what you mean on the contrast roof, even considered getting mine wrapped for 10 minutes, then got on a enjoyed the car!

Look forward to some more pics!

Surprised you have issue with the seats being slim... mine are snug but very comfortable.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-08-2012 12:05pm
Neo

yeah, maybe I haven't found the sweet spot on the seats yet so might sit in them for bit longer.

Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

(This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 12:23pm by Neo.)
14-08-2012 12:08pm
Stadt Panzer

Neo's Evoque

Congrats Neo. Looks awesome.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
14-08-2012 12:19pm
Neo

Thanks Phil & Stadt

14-08-2012 12:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Congratulations on the arrival - and yes Fuji is very very white, but still the best colour!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-08-2012 01:01pm
QUEEVO

Good to hear mate. The wait is totally worth it!!! Enjoy.

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
14-08-2012 01:38pm
cs33wa

Congrats!! Envy......
I m waiting...waiting...and waiting....

Ordered:31/7/12
My13 Si4 Dynamic 5 Door Fuji White, new tech pack, new convinient pack, pano, adaptive dynamic, style7 wheel
Built 16th Nov 2012
Delivered: 17th Jan 2013
Wait is over...love my baby!!!
14-08-2012 04:44pm
Vc

Congrats now you can say that the wait was worth it Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
14-08-2012 06:38pm
Michelle

(14-08-2012 04:44pm)cs33wa Wrote:  Congrats!! Envy......
I m waiting...waiting...and waiting....

Exactly the same from me.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
14-08-2012 09:16pm