Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Navigation How To?
PhilSkill

Navigation How To?

So I like the Nav, but is not the most intuitive Software ever written (i'm sure most would agree) in fact it can be downright infuriating, especially when you have a 10 minute time limit before your Evoque turns it off. Rolling Eyes The manual suggests all the normal functions are available but doesn't really give a walk through.

So i've managed most of the list below, but I don't use it much so suddenly find next time I have to work it all out again.

If anyone has used it a lot, could they post some instructions starting from the Map on doing things like

Adding a Favourite
Saving your current location to Favourites.
Saving a POI
Investigating the TMC
Avoiding a blockage
Using Learn Route
Others? please Add

Is there a user guide other than the basic manual? If i'm feeling keen and find some time I might compile it into a list of how to's

Thanks

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-02-2012 10:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jasonagusta

RE: Navigation How To?

It might be interesting if Apple could work with Land Rover for the next model, I'm sure the system would be sooo much easier to control!! Wink

Arrived 1st March: Dynamic Lux Coupe SD4 auto, Body Fuji White with Black pano roof, style 7 alloys with Verve interior & ebony headliner, tow bar, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating glass, Heated steering wheel, high beam assist, Adaptive xenon's.
29-02-2012 10:33pm
Wired

(29-02-2012 10:33pm)jasonagusta Wrote:  It might be interesting if Apple could work with Land Rover for the next model, I'm sure the system would be sooo much easier to control!! Wink

Yes, but it will have less functions, you will need to buy a Macbook and iPhone and it only comes in white Twisted Evil

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
01-03-2012 09:49am
dandavis1

(29-02-2012 10:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  So I like the Nav, but is not the most intuitive Software ever written (i'm sure most would agree) in fact it can be downright infuriating, especially when you have a 10 minute time limit before your Evoque turns it off. Rolling Eyes The manual suggests all the normal functions are available but doesn't really give a walk through.

So i've managed most of the list below, but I don't use it much so suddenly find next time I have to work it all out again.

If anyone has used it a lot, could they post some instructions starting from the Map on doing things like

Adding a Favourite
Saving your current location to Favourites.
Saving a POI
Investigating the TMC
Avoiding a blockage
Using Learn Route
Others? please Add

Is there a user guide other than the basic manual? If i'm feeling keen and find some time I might compile it into a list of how to's

Thanks

Like you I find things and then completely forget how I did it - the manual is useless.

I found recently if the TMC comes up with that 'Use new route?' dialogue box, pressing More and then the 'i' gives very detailed info about the accident/blockage.
01-03-2012 05:10pm
WorldTraveler

(29-02-2012 10:33pm)jasonagusta Wrote:  It might be interesting if Apple could work with Land Rover for the next model, I'm sure the system would be sooo much easier to control!! Wink

+1 Thumbs Up

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
01-03-2012 06:05pm
masmullin

Jag / Landrover use QNX software which was recently bought by RIM(Blackberry). RIM is doing some excellent stuff for tablet/inCar systems right now. Playbook 2.0 + blackberry remote control is insane.

Porche has teamed up with QNX/RIM, here are some of the results

http://crackberry.com/sitting-down-ces-q...z-have-nao

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a software developer for RIM.
02-03-2012 12:01am
dandavis1

Unfortunately, in it's present form, Apple will never allow its software to be used on non-Appple devices.
02-03-2012 01:09am
PhilSkill

Had a spare moment so was playing with the NAV (with engine running Sad )

Storing Current Position as Favourite

Quick Method
Touch Map anywhere not on a button, some buttons appear... one is "set favourite"

Menu Method
Nav Menu
More (page 2)
Stored Locations
Add
Pick From Map
OK
Name
Type the name you want to Use

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-03-2012 10:16pm
Cedric

Some nice vidoes, with a few from the satnav ...
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/owners...er-evoque/

(Got the link on another forum)
23-03-2012 11:42am
timslim

Thanks Cedric - these are really informative and useful

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
23-03-2012 12:08pm