Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new to me dynamic lux
ziggy stardust

RE: My new to me dynamic lux

Re- 'Gearbox fault' on display.

When I got my SD4 Dynamic last January the 'gearbox fault' kept coming up on the dash, had it back to LR who said there was no problems. I read on here about the battery issues so learned to lived with it. I did mention this to LR but they just gave me the blank expression.

As the weather warmed up and the load lessoned on the battery the 'gearbox fault' vanished, never saw it at all through spring, summer and autumn but with the cold snap last week and the battery under increased load it returned and I saw it twice. I'ts a bit warmer now and I haven't seen it since.

Z
07-12-2014 11:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ziggy, LR are not just replacing the batteries with like for like, the new batteries are a different sort - Absorbed Glass Matt I think they are called. My first Evoque flattened it's battery regularly in cold weather and after the 2nd occassion LRAssist replaced the battery, got the car into the local dealership and the Battery Management System software was upgraded too - never had another issue with the battery charge or strange warnings on the dash after that. I just hope my current (2nd) Evoque can handle the cold weather as it sits unused for weeks at a time over the winter like the last one did! So you have to impress on the dealer that you need the replacement sort of battery. If you continue to get crap treatment from the dealer then send Pete @ LRCS an email with the car's VIN and the dealer's and your full names and as him to tell them to get their act together!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 01:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-12-2014 01:25pm
Mat B

UPDATE

Modified it a little, to make it have more road presence. The fogs are only temporary , as I'm hoping LR will bring out the autobiography fog light surrounds

[Image: IMG_8657.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8656.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8658_2.jpg]
24-03-2015 01:23pm
genericd

My new to me dynamic lux

Man I love the "storm trooper" look. Really nice job!
25-03-2015 12:44am
jitenc

May I suggest wrapping the roof black.... Will look meaner.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
25-03-2015 07:36am
Mat B

Hi
I didn't wrap the roof as it would make the car look smaller. I idea of the colour coding was to make it looking bigger than it essentially is. Which when parked next to other evoques, it is.

I do like the black took look so may try a wrap at some point
25-03-2015 02:16pm
Spookball

Very nice looking car.

Where did you get the fog inserts from is that wrap? Either or it looks great.

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
25-03-2015 10:23pm
Mat B

The fogs are painted. I was going to wrap them but the car had a a few chips there so had it painted to be safe.
I have been looking everywhere and asking the parts department at LR if I can get the autobiography ones to no avail.
25-03-2015 10:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Autobiography is still very new to the market so I don't expect you will be able to get spares yet, give it 6 months and a few will have been involved in bashes and there will be spares available at dealers. Often with Land Rover though high spec cars that need new parts also require a VIN for that model to be sent to LR before they will release the parts so if your VIN is a Dynamic you won't get any Autobiography fog light surrounds using your own VIN. You will have to wait for the after market boys to catch up with making copies

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-03-2015 10:33pm
Spookball

Thanks for the info, I'm getting my Santorini back evoque on Friday, was supposed to be last weekend but can't hurry love. I seen the autobiography with the silver surrounds and it looks great. Was hoping to add these to mine. I'll just wait and see what comes along.

Brought home on the 27th of March 2015

SD4 Pure Tech, Santorini black, Panoramic roof, folding mirrors, fog lights.
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 11:17pm by Spookball.)
25-03-2015 11:17pm