Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My new baby!
alibeau

RE: My new baby!

Re. the wheels - to be honest I wasn't sure how shiny they would be, I ordered them as they were the only design that floated my boat. When hubby saw them, he was pleasantly surprised at how 'blingy' they were and thought they looked great. I obviously let on that I had known all along how great they would look Laughing

I have calmed down a little this morning, done the school run and had two texts to say how fab the car looks Very Happy I am now at work and when I look out of the window at my 'new baby'! I just can't help but smile - how sad am I?!! Smile

The touch screen has now taken on a life of it's own, buttons beeping when I am not touching it and then it switched to a screen that looks like it is for servicing purposes with a Jaguar symbol called E Mode Main Menu?!?! and so I currently can't use any of the functions accessed from the screen (which is pretty much everything!). Phoned dealer this morning, my sales guy is off today, spoke to the service dept and they are going to get back to me with arrangements for getting my car in to sort it out. He says he has not heard of this problem and says it is probably just a glitch!

Also can't get my keyless entry to work, asked them to look at that too.....

That's all for now folks, still a FAB car Very Happy

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
11-01-2012 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Love the pics Ali, I'm sure they will sort the touch screen out easily enough, and I like the wheels!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
11-01-2012 01:43pm
alibeau

Just a little update...
'
The Service Manager is collecting my car on Monday evening and leaving an Evoque coupe (courtesy car) with me so that they can take mine to the dealership to check out my dodgy touch screen..... it's quite disconcerting to be driving along with the buttons beeping away, perhaps my Evoque is haunted/possessed Shocked My salesman phoned today, very apologetic, he sounded more upset than I am Laughing

Keyless entry/locking seems to be working fine now, so either a glitch or perhaps it was down to human error Laughing

Ali Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:30pm by alibeau.)
12-01-2012 05:29pm
Daigriff

Sorry to hear of the problems with the touch screen Ali. Good service though if they're going to collect and leave you with an Evoque...more than my dealer would do I'm sure. Sounds like you were just unlucky Sad

Glad you are still enjoying it though.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
12-01-2012 06:13pm
alibeau

Just another update to say.....

Dealer dropped my car back with me tonight, screen problems all sorted, he did explain the problem to me (something pressing on something behind the screen - that's about as technical as I get!!) but it's all sorted now Very Happy

I also asked them to check out the rear vents only blowing cold air and apparently this is correct. Keep them closed in winter and use them in summer, seems a bit odd to me based on other cars I have owned but not to worry...

I was having a minor wobble today, perhaps a touch of 'buyers remorse' (is that the right term?).... there was such a build up to getting this car and so much excitement... then what with the problems with my touch screen and also having the minor niggle of the driver's seat not tilting..... then when I jumped in the courtesy Evoque today, it really wasn't to my liking (totally different spec to mine) and I had a minor wobble...

Then the service manager dropped my car off tonight, all nicely valeted and everything working perfectly, even the driver's seat felt comfy tonight, I am 100% sure I made the right decision Very Happy Can't wait to drive it again in the morning!!

Sorry for the waffle!!

TTFN,

Ali Smile

17-01-2012 08:48pm
THEMACS

Glad you got it back all sortedVery Happy

Out of interest, what was the spec of the courtesy car? why did it put you off?

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-01-2012 09:10pm
PhilSkill

Good it's all sorted alibeau and simple fixes too, shame to have teething problems, I know what that's like! But Don't fear they're great cars!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-01-2012 10:49pm
alibeau

(12-01-2012 06:13pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Sorry to hear of the problems with the touch screen Ali. Good service though if they're going to collect and leave you with an Evoque...more than my dealer would do I'm sure. Sounds like you were just unlucky Sad

Glad you are still enjoying it though.

Thanks Daigriff.

Would you ever consider making the trip to Conwy Landrover? Chester is far closer to us but we are very glad we chose to buy from Conwy and can thouroughly recommend them Thumbs Up

Ali.
(17-01-2012 10:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Good it's all sorted alibeau and simple fixes too, shame to have teething problems, I know what that's like! But Don't fear they're great cars!

Thanks PhilSkill, I'm glad it's sorted too Very Happy

Ali.
(17-01-2012 09:10pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Glad you got it back all sortedVery Happy

Out of interest, what was the spec of the courtesy car? why did it put you off?

Nothing major, it was mainly the cosmetics, I would rather not go into details as I am sure others would love the car, just not my thing. Also it was diesel, again I would presume that the majority have bought/ordered diesel but for me I just had to go for the petrol engine even though I have driven diesel cars for over a decade......

I hope I have not offended anyone, each to their own and all that Very Happy

Ali.

(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 11:12pm by alibeau.)
17-01-2012 11:00pm
Kendo4165

The wheels are fantastic my wife went for them on her Dynamic in Fiji white, they are lovely just a tip keep them clean don't let the brake dust build up on them as they will pit badly, a little polish every other week keeps them looking great. Enjoy the car. How is the radio reception?
21-02-2012 08:12pm
alibeau

(21-02-2012 08:12pm)Kendo4165 Wrote:  The wheels are fantastic my wife went for them on her Dynamic in Fiji white, they are lovely just a tip keep them clean don't let the brake dust build up on them as they will pit badly, a little polish every other week keeps them looking great. Enjoy the car. How is the radio reception?

Yep, the wheels (and car!) get washed every fortnight or so but will keep a eye out for pitting....

DAB reception very good in my area Thumbs Up very pleased.

Ali.

21-02-2012 08:21pm