RE: My new baby!

Congrats !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
08-01-2012 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

Thanks everyone!

Just had an email from my dealer to let me know that my Evoque is in the showroom, all covered up, ready for the grand unveiling in the morning Very Happy I guess it sounds a bit silly considering I saw the car at the weekend but I am still SUPER EXCITED!!!

Wish me luck Very Happy

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 05:54pm by alibeau.)
09-01-2012 05:54pm
CSJ

Picking mine up in the morning as well!

Equally excited Wink

Good Luck!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
09-01-2012 06:56pm
xxxx5

(09-01-2012 05:54pm)alibeau Wrote:  Thanks everyone!

Just had an email from my dealer to let me know that my Evoque is in the showroom, all covered up, ready for the grand unveiling in the morning Very Happy I guess it sounds a bit silly considering I saw the car at the weekend but I am still SUPER EXCITED!!!

Wish me luck Very Happy

Ali.

Excellent, take plenty of pics at the showroom. hope the weather holds up, you don't want to get that black paint work dirty. Surprised

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
09-01-2012 08:56pm
Evoqess

You don't need luck! Your magnificent vehicle will thrill! Enjoy Ali!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
09-01-2012 09:47pm
alibeau

Wow, what a day, I am absolutely exhausted! I think I have been functioning on adrenaline all day and now need a relax in front of the goggle box but before I do.....

Arrived at dealership at 10.30am ish. Completed paperwork over a few diet cokes..... Then the grand unveiling, although I had already seen the car I was not disappointed! Everything went without a hitch. The service from Conwy Landrover has been second to none. They have kept me informed along the way, couldn't have asked for better and the part ex figure they gave me was superb. Would thouroughly recommend them.....

Freebies - flowers, umbrella and another half day LR experience voucher Very Happy

We left the dealership at around 12.30, filled up the tank (only had around 1/3 of a tank full on collection) and set off for a drive around not so sunny Anglesey! Hubby's idea as he spent many a weekend there in his youth...... I meant to stop to take some 'scenic' shots but I'm afraid we got a bit carried away. We had not stopped for lunch when I thought I would input the girls' school address into the sat nav to see how far away we were. It informed me that we would be 15 mins late for collecting the girls Shocked We knew we could shave some time off that figure so we headed back towards home.

Arrived at school on time, girls love the car but it was hilarious as they looked like midgets sat in the back as the windows are so high. We collected the booster seats from home and that helped Laughing

Only a couple of 'first impression niggles' - I wish the drivers seat had a 'tilt' option, didn't think I would miss it but I had it on my X5... not to worry, always takes a few days to get the driving position 'just right' and hopefully I will be able to do so with a little more adjustment....

Engine struck me as noisy to begin with but soon got used to it....

Can't quite put my finger on why but the quality doesn't feel quite as 'refined' as the X5, not even sure exactly what I mean by that, perhaps the Evoque is just 'different' having had BMW's for over a decade.....

MPG showing 25/26 at the moment, mixture of A roads and dual carriageway, I am expecting that to drop a bit once I am on home territory but more than pleased at the moment......

Please bear with me as I am no expert in the field of 'motoring' and so these are just my first, badly expressed!, thoughts!

Oh and finally, my touch screen took on a life of its own on the way home, as if someone was pressing the 'valet' button and I couldn't use any of the other buttons. I tried turning off the engine and starting over but it was still going bonkers, hopefully it will sort itself out over night Confused

I will try to attach a few pics....

Night all, I can't take any more excitement in one day Laughing

Ali.

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520...ew%20baby/

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:17pm by alibeau.)
10-01-2012 09:15pm
flurberman

My new baby!

Congratulations, enjoy Smile

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
10-01-2012 09:18pm
LDT

Looks great Ali, it seems as if you've had a wonderful day. Pleased that the dealership may the day even more special with flowers, umbrella, another voucher and Diet Coke!!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-01-2012 09:27pm
J77

Must admit that I wasn't struck on the chrome wheels but honestly I think they are the best looking wheels for the black paint. A stunning looking car Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 10:11pm by J77.)
10-01-2012 10:10pm
Evo-king

+1. Great choice.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-01-2012 10:20pm