Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My car's now on TOPIX
JiiPee

RE: My car's now on TOPIX

(21-12-2011 10:10pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Also interesting to see Volvo 4wd drivetrain, which ties in with a Top Gear review which mentioned a clip in the rear seats which came off and was stamped Volvo.

How much of a Volvo is this Evoque?

the blind spot monitoring system is also straight from Volvo

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
21-12-2011 11:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUATTROMAN

(21-12-2011 11:23pm)JiiPee Wrote:  the blind spot monitoring system is also straight from Volvo

You should ask how much of the Volvo is a Ford as both LR and Volvo were owned by Ford at the same time.
The Volvo shares many components with the Freelander 2. I advised in an earlier thread that the Air Con system is identical to the Volvo's - even to the the point of fitting the same recharging caps. The Floorpan is the same as Ford S-max / Mondeo Freelander 2 -Volvo XC but highly modified for the Evoque.
So there is a lot of use of the parts bins of all three companies.
The so called 'jewelled' instrument dials are now common place on the latest USA Fords.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 11:42pm by QUATTROMAN.)
21-12-2011 11:39pm
GibEvoque

A note regarding the stereo, I beleive 825w will be the RMS value and 1250 the max, this is continuous power delivery, and peaks that may occur (very basic terms), hope that helps.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
22-12-2011 09:55am
Kimv

My car's now on TOPIX

So my car appeared on Topix. I have the VIN (both short and long) and a build date on Topix of 5 May. It also says that there are no "open campaigns for this vehicle"...

Does that mean it's finished?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
11-05-2012 08:18pm
MartinP

Mine also with the same build date so I guess they are brothers. They are finished and in the distribution network awaiting delivery to our dealers.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-05-2012 08:26pm
Kimv

My car's now on TOPIX

(11-05-2012 08:26pm)MartinP Wrote:  Mine also with the same build date so I guess they are brothers. They are finished and in the distribution network awaiting delivery to our dealers.

Great! But if my car is my baby... And your car is your baby... And they are brothers.... That makes us.......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!
Anyway, where did you find that info about them awaiting delivery?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 08:29pm by Kimv.)
11-05-2012 08:28pm
MartinP

Anyway, where did you find that info about them awaiting delivery?
[/quote]

My dealer. They looked on their system and it said that it was awaiting shipment to them.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-05-2012 09:10pm