Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
My Very Special Factory Tour & The Birth Of My New Toy!!
The Valeter

My Very Special Factory Tour & The Birth Of My New Toy!!

Just got back this evening from 3 days/nights in Liverpool @ the Crowne Plaza. Went up on Thursday afternoon for our Friday afternoon tour.
My car was originally due to go into production on the 16th & we were going to go with the forum on the tour last week but the hotel worked out a lot cheaper this week & for 3 days that made a large difference! My dealer also knew I was going on a tour which then worked out to be 1 week before the build & I simply asked the question "Do you recon the build could be brought forward 1 week?) & then just left it. Even if this could happen there is no guarantee that you would see it!.

Anyway as time progressed I got calls from my dealer, Danielle at LR Experience & an email from an internal sourse & I was told that the factory knew I/We were coming along & somehow as long as we were guided into the plant at 1.30pm they knew the car was just on the hanger/conveyer just coming down for bumper fit etc before it goes to trim. So the tour was deviated & we met up with an official Landrover photogropher who photo'd us by the line & sure enough there it was.A few pictures were taken then our photo's will be laminated & sent to us.We also recieved a large & I think it is a dealer size photo of a Firenze Red Evoque poster that I will frame.

I really can't thank all concerned enough as to how this was arranged. I can say seeing your new car being assembled in front of you puts a lump in your throat & is quite emotional in a way. I also think it will makeone appreciate it even more!!
So many thanks Dannielle & your coleagues at Landrover & to Harwoods of Edenbridge in Kent for asking in the first place. I can't fault this dealer in any way at all.
I guess I will be reunited with the Firenze Si4 within 2 weeks ish. Smile

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 10:19pm by The Valeter.)
11-03-2012 10:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

RE: My Very Special Factory Tour & The Birth Of My New Toy!!

Fantastic!
11-03-2012 10:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

I would also like to add that we went out on a tour of Liverpool yesterday & took the bus from the hotel as it was far easier than messing with parking etc & we have found the people of Liverpool including the hotel staff to be extreemly friendly & very hospitable indeed - what great folk these Liverpudlians are.
To add to that we drew the curtain in the hotel to find that a previous occupant had put graffiti on the wallpaper. Despite the wording it didn't offend me but may well have offended a well to do guest so I mentioned it to the housekeeper in the morning.
Whie we were at breakfast her manager popped over to us & asked if we wished to change rooms - I said no need to worry about that just leave the curtain drawn as it was only covering the wall anyway. We went out that day & came back to find bottles of Pepsi, J2o & a bottle of wine & sweets for our son on the dresser! Wow what a nice gift indeed so thumbs up to the Crowne Plaza too!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

11-03-2012 10:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Danielle is a sweetie...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-03-2012 10:50pm
vinny

That's strange,the last hotel I stayed in while in liverpool I pulled the curtain back and somebody had stuck a bit of wallpaper over the graffiti Very Happy

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
11-03-2012 11:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing that I noticed at the Crowne Plaza John Lennon Airport was that they employ BRITS on their staff which seems a rare thing in the big hotels these days. I don't think I have stayed in a major chain's hotel where there seemed to mainly people from the local area working "on the shop floor", I am used to staying in all sorts of class of hotels in London and most of the big cities in the UK and in most it is rare to hear anybody who is a native Brit working on the frontline dealing directly with customers. Well done Crowne Plaza JL Airport (even if it did take ages for our tea and coffee at breakfast time to take an inordinate length of time to appear!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2012 11:18pm
Firenze

That must of been amazing to be there on the same day as your Evoque was built and to see it let alone to have your picture taken by it, you must have a really good dealer too as I asked mine several weeks ago about getting me a factory tour and even though I reminded him a couple of times he never sorted anything out for me (i knew i could do it myself easy enough but just wanted to see what he could do)

Yes in prob less than two weeks you should have the keys!! And then the fun really starts, I love mine its the best car ever!

Its fast and handles really well and Ive been getting 26 mpg in the first 150 miles and should get a bit better on a run

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
11-03-2012 11:26pm
THEMACS

Sounds brilliant ours should have been around too! I would have thought you should have a chance of next Saturday with a fair wind, our dealer thinks it will be part way through the following week ie. week commencing 19 March, probably middle of the weekVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
11-03-2012 11:32pm
The Valeter

When we left the hotel this morning (Sunday) we drove past the compound again as it was on our way just to see if we could spot one that might be ours there were several Firenze Red's there but from what we could actually see I don't think it was in the compound as the wheels are an easy spot then when one did look promising I noticed a black roof or not a Dynamic.
Would have been the icing on the cake if I could have found it in the compound lol.

12-03-2012 01:10am