Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels
fam1x

RE: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels

Cool thanks, You said you used a whole spray can per wheel. How much was in each can as in the UK the can's vary in size from 750ml to 5Litre.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
19-11-2012 12:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

I used the aerosol cans of 310grammes. Premixed ready to go. Probably cheaper to buy the bulk product but not within my means of application where I live Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19-11-2012 12:26pm
Easty

Re: My Plastidip Style 6 Wheels

This is a great idea. Not sure its good for the cold, but for summer wheels or if it does not get cold its great.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
19-11-2012 06:02pm
WB
WB

I like the idea of the gunmetal grey with the metallizer on top.

Some interesting combinations and effects here -> http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread...-Wheels%29
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 06:36pm by WB.)
19-11-2012 06:33pm
ADZ

(19-11-2012 09:20am)Jai Wrote:  So I took the plunge and purchased some matte black plastidip and glossifier to rid me of the pedestrian silver Smile I learnt a lot from the first wheel in regards to spray distance and other things so the rest look pretty bangin. I simply sprayed a whole can of it onto each wheel, approximately 7-8 coats, waiting 10 mins between coats, and then 4-5 coats of glossifier to make the wheels shine, a look that is sorta in between satin and gloss.

If you're not familiar with plastidip it is a rubberised spray that can be peeled off any surface when you choose to do so. Because of this property there is no need to mask up the tyre! Just peel off the overspray!

[Image: arudune4.jpg]
[Image: ynahuqem.jpg]
[Image: y3ehazas.jpg]
[Image: yhagy7yt.jpg]
[Image: guju2uru.jpg]
[Image: e8u6apu5.jpg]

This looks really awesome! Going to persuade my husband to buy and do this for me as a Christmas gift. Great job Jai!

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
20-11-2012 07:21am
Evo-king

My son, used this product to coat the chrome fitting around the front grille on his previous Mini, I don't remember him say he had a problem with it in all the time he had the car which was 3 years.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-11-2012 08:53pm
barks

Hi Jai, where abouts in Oz are you? Did you paint the inside of the rims as well?

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
21-11-2012 01:50am
Jai

In WA. Nah I didn't do the inside of the rims, the brake dust after my first month of ownership seemed to be enough to cover the insides Smile

21-11-2012 02:56am
stiggz

What is the gold on the first shot?

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
21-11-2012 05:37am
chiggy

(21-11-2012 02:56am)Jai Wrote:  In WA. Nah I didn't do the inside of the rims, the brake dust after my first month of ownership seemed to be enough to cover the insides Smile

Would you do mine for me if I paid you?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-11-2012 10:03am