Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Ed4 pure tech has arrived!
chapmac

My Ed4 pure tech has arrived!

Picked up Thursday and initial impressions seem excellent. Specced with privacy glass, front fogs, anthracite headlining and pano roof.
The style 3 alloys are my personal favourite evoque wheels but despite being standard on dynamics in other markets aren't available on 5 doors in the UK even as an option. Managed to pick up a barely used set on eBay and these went on as soon as I got the car home. Very happy with the way the car looks so far and got a dynamic grille on the way too. Quick phone snapshot attached will post some more once I have time

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
22-06-2013 02:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squidly73

RE: My Ed4 pure tech has arrived!

Congrats

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
22-06-2013 02:43pm
LaserTam

Congrats. Thats a very similar spec to my order (which is being delivered next week Smile ) with the exception of the wheels. Looks nice, I was in two minds whether to go with the privacy glass, but at the 11th hour before build I went for it. Looking at yours, I am pleased I did.
Let us know what your first thoughts are.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
22-06-2013 04:15pm
Chrisr1806

It looks great! I especially like those wheels! Thumbs Up

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
22-06-2013 04:54pm
scrannel

Strange, I love those wheels and came stock on my USA Dynamic, as you pointed out. They really make me think of Sopwith Camel props in motion! Your car looks great!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
22-06-2013 10:13pm
chapmac

Lasertam - I'm sure you wont be disappointed! Had the opportunity to give it some good use over the weekend, first thoughts as follows:

Build quality:
My old Audi A6 was superb in this respect so it has a lot to live up to. Mostly pretty good, as certainly the bits you look at and touch regularly are up to standard. I particularly like the heater controls. A few let downs - glove box lid and the plastics on the rear centre console are a bit cheap for example. Lift the boot floor and you see exposed wiring and rough cut carpet. Plus the bonnet slams more like my mother-in-laws 12 year old Mazda than the hydraulically damped bonnet of the A6.

Performance and handling: Doesn't feel the slightest bit underpowered and gearbox/clutch action is really good making for a very smooth drive. I think the lower gear ratios are spot on to for 'normal' driving with changes dropping very nicely into the torque curve allowing for good progress without needing to try. Top gear is VERY high though - I seem to remember reading elsewhere the 6th on the ED4 is higher than on other models for economy, but it is effectively useless below 50mph so a bit more gear changing is needed to access the torque.

Feels great on the road and very sure footed - can't say it feels any different to the TD4 that we test drove. My mate who has a Freelander 2 took it for a drive and he didn't twig it was front drive rather than 4wd until I told him after he got out.

Economy: Excellent! A couple of trips across town and got 40 and 42mg and then some longer A-road trips have seen 50 -54mpg. Was up to 56 mpg after a 20 mile A-road run until we hit the IKEA car park(!). Definitely exceed expectations in this area given the masses written about the poor fuel economy. Stop start works really well, again contrary to other postings.

Best bits: People and journalists have talked about the feelgood factor and this car really seems to have it - although it is a new toy. Seats are surprisingly comfortable and the Sat nav appears to be way better than the Audi system I'm used to, although only used it once to give it a test. Also soooo comfortable after Audi S-line suspension.

Gripes: Trying to get the ISOFIX baby seats in the back was a compete nightmare. Whoever designed the fixings clearly didn't have children. No ashtray! Not that I'm a smoker but theres no where to put rubbish in the front of the car. Wonder if I missed something on the options list!

Bottom line - wife and I are fighting as to who has the keys. Got to say something, Looking forward to living with it, hope you enjoy too...

Dom

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
23-06-2013 08:46pm
LaserTam

Good write up. Thanks. Glad you are enjoying it, because really thats what everyone wants. Only 5 or 6 sleeps for me, can't wait.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
23-06-2013 10:17pm
chapmac

Enjoy!

24-06-2013 09:10pm
chris taylor

congrats enjoy it's a lovely car.
24-06-2013 10:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The ashtray is an optional extra, part of the smokers pack easily missed on the options list! But there is the little slot where it would be if you had ticked the box that you can put sweetie wrappers

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 09:28am by XFullFatTim.)
26-06-2013 09:25am