Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Dynamic Lux
QUATTROMAN

My Dynamic Lux

Finally picked up today after the longest wait - Deposit placed in April and specced the day after thye launch night.
Nearly bottled out many times during the long wait. Glad I didnt - It is superb to drive -done nearly 100 miles today just getting to know the handling side of the car.
Not having driven a Dynamic before, (only driven prestige during test drive and half day LR experience)
Initial thoughts are its similar to drive to an SD4 Freelander 2 but a little lighter and more complient around the twisties. The dynamic mode is interesting but in comparison to the Scirocco's handling, leaves me a bit flat at the moment. Our Scirroco has adaptive suspension -comfort ,general and sport. We mainly leave it on Comfort and General as sport mode tends to loosen your fillings. Well the Evoque in Dynamic mode also gives a similar feel but its early days yet and havnt put the Evoque through its paces as bedding in everything especially the brakes -being an auto I am using them more than in a manual car.
The roads locally are probaly the worst in the country for pot holes and crap tarmac repairs but in normal mode the Dynamic with 20 " wheels soaks up the lumps and bumps with a grace that shouldn't be possible with 20 inch wheels.
Anyway loving the drive and hopefully at the weekend get out my DA polisher and Carlack 68 and try to get rid of the crap Autogleam product that doesnt do this cars shape any justice- watch this space for the shiniest Fuji White Evoque.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
13-01-2012 12:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUATTROMAN

RE: My Dynamic Lux

Just to add -Not having owned a car with Xenons before -they are fantastic - the extra light spread on unlit roads is amazing, like daylight compared to normal halogens. As for the adaptive Xenons -even better deffo a good option. although they do not swivel as much as I thought they would, the cornering lights really do work, and light up normally unlit areas of the junction your turning into.These cornering lights are especially useful because of the blind spot created by the massive wing mirrors.
Took kids to school this morning, set to demist due to the low temps, and the front and rear screen cleared really quickly and the heated seats warmed up in no time.
The kerb view of the surround cameras impressed me, especially as there was raodworks and temp traffic lights -allowing me to get very close to the nearside with out damaging anything so as to allow oncoming traffic through.
The kids have seemed to come to grips with the media centre faster than me- however the touch screen does feel a little less responsive compared to the VW system- but started using the 'Say as you see' voice control and that covers most things for me. The dual screen is 'cool' however more of a gimmick than useful.
Q'man.

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
13-01-2012 10:38am
PhilSkill

Glad you got it Quattroman! be good to see it polished up.

3 Fuji's in that pic! Interesting with the coupe behind, showing the lower roof line!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 10:59pm by PhilSkill.)
13-01-2012 10:58pm
QUATTROMAN

(13-01-2012 10:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Glad you got it Quattroman! be good to see it polished up.

3 Fuji's in that pic! Interesting with the coupe behind, showing the lower roof line!

Thanks, been a long wait but worth it.
Can't detail this weekend as temperature has dropped considerably in the South West and my polishes and sealants tend to work better and not leave residue when the temps are above 10 Deg Laughing Well thats my excuse as I can't stop driving it at the moment.

I was surprised at the the other 2 Fujis also - But dealer says he has at least 2 new Coupe's in stock for immediate sale (plus their demo which is being replaced) - he said they have more problems getting 5-door's .

14-01-2012 11:32pm
Evo-king

I was told that January is the Month that dealers were likely to be getting replacement stock for their showroom models, cars will be sold at list though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-01-2012 12:09pm
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
15-01-2012 06:11pm
QUATTROMAN

(15-01-2012 06:11pm)SebM Wrote:  Congrats !!

Many thanks,
well worth the wait to anyone who's been waiting due to delays !! and 3 days in and 350 miles .... it just gets better and better.
Took some rubbish to the tip today ( well it is a utility vehicle after all ) and the looks from people when you reverse in to an unloading bay and operate the electric tailgate from inside ...I felt a little embarressed so to speak... but hey I bought 'British' and am keeping someone employed ..and I'm looking after the environment with LR carbon offset .. and xx % of the car is made from the plastic bottles I was throwing away... so why should I be embarressed...Very Happy

15-01-2012 07:44pm
Cedric

(15-01-2012 07:44pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Many thanks,
well worth the wait to anyone who's been waiting due to delays !! and 3 days in and 350 miles .... it just gets better and better.
Took some rubbish to the tip today ( well it is a utility vehicle after all ) and the looks from people when you reverse in to an unloading bay and operate the electric tailgate from inside ...I felt a little embarressed so to speak... but hey I bought 'British' and am keeping someone employed ..and I'm looking after the environment with LR carbon offset .. and xx % of the car is made from the plastic bottles I was throwing away... so why should I be embarressed...Very Happy

I love the Brits. Would have loved to support them more and don't care about the environment by buying a DB9, but that was out of budget Very Happy
Enjoy the car!
15-01-2012 07:52pm
Ezandania

Very nice! Congrats!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-01-2012 04:59am
Rootsboy

(13-01-2012 12:25am)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Anyway loving the drive and hopefully at the weekend get out my DA polisher and Carlack 68 and try to get rid of the crap Autogleam product that doesnt do this cars shape any justice- watch this space for the shiniest Fuji White Evoque.

looking forward to the photos and info on what products you used to get it top notch.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
16-01-2012 11:17am