Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Dynamic Arrives At Last
CSJ

My Dynamic Arrives At Last

[attachment=1144][attachment=1145][attachment=1150][attachment=1149][attachment=1148]Hi Everyone

Finally got my Evoque yesterday, its early days but so far am delighted, when I picked mine up there were 2 others being delivered that day, an Indus Prestige and a Firenze Dynamic. When I saw all 3 side by side I knew I had made the right choice for me. These things are always personal but its such a relief when you are happy with what you have got.

Only question will be to see how I get on with the SD4 haven previously had petrols and also having driven the SI4 for the last month. Will give it a few days and see how my 3 door Coupe SD4 compared with the 5 door SI4.

Delivery could have been smoother as there were some issues, no privacy glass, wrong mats, and wonky number plate!! Dealer was apologetic and we reached a compromise, these issues were not that important to me anyway and are being sorted out. A previous TT arrived once and it was the wrong colour so I sort of expected something would be missing. Did 100 miles in the car yesterday and so far no issues, is a delight to drive so far but it is early days.

I took some hasty photos which I have tried to share here, they dont really do justice to the car so will try to take more at the weekend.

For all those waiting I know its frustrating but when you get the car there really is nothing else like it on the road, the BMW and Audi just do not compare. Driving near my home last night I spotted 5 different people taking photos of the car when I was at traffic lights. I really like the 5 door, but if you can manage without the extra praticality then there is really nothing else like the coupe, looks amazing (to me anyway) Very Happy

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
11-01-2012 02:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: My Dynamic Arrives At Last

Congratulations CSJ,
Privacy glass, I'm starting to think that a Fuji coupe looks better without it........
Photographers - you'll get used to being a celeb!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 03:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-01-2012 03:16pm
SebM

Congrats !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
11-01-2012 03:16pm
RacingSnake

Looks fantastic....

I will have to say, I think it needs the privacy glass at the rear, the window frame is too wide, and makes the window look out of proportion.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 03:28pm by RacingSnake.)
11-01-2012 03:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

how are they going to sort out the missing privacy glass issue. Great looking car by the way.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
11-01-2012 04:12pm
CSJ

I sorted out the compensation for the privacy glass with the dealer and will now decide whether I want it or not. Luckily I think that to add a window tint post production through a film will be ok, I can also choose the strength of the tint. Can either do this through the dealer or with another supplier although I think it will be cheaper through the dealer as I go a guaranteed price for them to do it yesterday. Will see how I feel in a couple of weeks about whether to add it or not.

Haven seen coupes in the flesh both with and without the glass I am undecided. In pictures the coupe looks much better with the glass but in the flesh I am less sure. I was not even tempted to reject the car over the issue, will happily live without it or add it in a couple of weeks. Either way I am a few quid up Wink

Maybe I should start a new thread about whether I should add it lol

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
11-01-2012 04:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The visual problem about not having the privacy glass is that the wide black border around the windows accentuates just how small the window area is, at least with the privacy you cannot see that border and the window looks much bigger.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-01-2012 04:54pm
CSJ

Thanks Tim - tend to agree - guess thats why I opted for privacy glass in the first place - will give it a couple of weeks to live with it tho and see what I think - thought at the moment is that I will add it - nothing else I want to change about the car yet tho Smile

Gone:
11-01-2012 05:17pm
Craig_d1

Congrats on the car.

Did they compensate you for the full cost of taking the glass out and replacing with tinted glass, or just cover the cost of having the rear windows tinted. Had my Q7 tinted a few years back. We used Pentagon Glass, who are authorised tinters for audi. They were good. The only problem with tints is that they can't cover the heating elements on the rear screen, so you will always be able to see that it's not a true glass tint(unless tech has chenaged in the last few years). you wont notice from a distance though.

Enjoy the car
11-01-2012 06:12pm
DynamicRRV

Looks fab!

Get the privacy!
11-01-2012 06:14pm