Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving up list
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Moving up list

I think you will find there are a few people who are high up on the lists but who don't want to order until they have driven one.................
Me, I'm just going to wait - I take delivery of it when it's ready to be collected and if that's not on launch day then so be it - they are not going to be all that common for the first couple of months. When I got my 1st RRS (delivered a week after launch) even 9 months after launch people still hadn't seen many on the road and were interested in looking inside it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-04-2011 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mortz

(18-04-2011 08:41pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I think you will find there are a few people who are high up on the lists but who don't want to order until they have driven one.................
Me, I'm just going to wait - I take delivery of it when it's ready to be collected and if that's not on launch day then so be it - they are not going to be all that common for the first couple of months. When I got my 1st RRS (delivered a week after launch) even 9 months after launch people still hadn't seen many on the road and were interested in looking inside it.

Have to agree with your post..based on the orders already taken i personally only have 1 who want to see it / drive it 1st....come september we will handover only 3 evoque's .....come october we will handover 7.....land rover have been very clever on the PR and marketing front i think it's been amazing Smile

Just to let you guys know there is no relavance of " who's on the list and what number am I"...each dealership within the UK should have had it's allocations for september based on who placed deposit in date order...we have already converted many to spec....howvever one thing i have personally found is getting the customer into the dealership to spec and price....early depositers if not spec't up then they will move to the next order call for delivery post september
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 10:40pm by mortz.)
18-04-2011 10:22pm
paulus599

(18-04-2011 10:22pm)mortz Wrote:  Just to let you guys know there is no relavance of " who's on the list and what number am I"...each dealership within the UK should have had it's allocations for september based on who placed deposit in date order...we have already converted many to spec....howvever one thing i have personally found is getting the customer into the dealership to spec and price....early depositers if not spec't up then they will move to the next order call for delivery post september

Surely that means that there is a relevance of " who's on the list and what number am I" i.e. it's based on what date we placed a deposit, if however we don't finalise our spec in time for a particular build then the next person on the list will take that slot, or am I missing something? Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
19-04-2011 10:22pm