Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving from Auto to Manual anyone?
Biker

RE: Moving from Auto to Manual anyone?

I currently have CVT gearbox and I'm perplexed why more cars not work like it. It is smooth and effortless and I will thoroughly miss it. I went from manual (all previous modes of transport) to CVT and now to auto for the Evoque. Still tempted by manual, but since city driving is probaly the biggest portion, it is rational decision rather than emotional.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
04-01-2012 12:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnboy

Going from a 7 speed auto CLK 320 SPORT to a SD 4 Manual, really liked my auto, but like the gearbox on the SD4 and prefer manual when off road highland lochs fishing.

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
05-01-2012 12:15am
robbo71

Going from Discovery 3 auto se to manual Dynamic Sd4. Also got a 320 BMW touring
manual, I loved the manual box on the Dynamic I test drove nice short shifts. I also drove the
Prestige auto and thought it wasnt responsive enough and that swayed me to the Dynamic.
Missus wasnt that chuffed though as she wanted the auto Embarrassed
05-01-2012 12:46am
RonnieNavani

Our Evoque is Auto and its not bad.. but if i had to do it all over again, I would go for the Manual.

We received our's 2 weeks ago and love it.. done 4500km in 2 weeks and its great. but can be boring. coming from a person, who has always owned a Manual. I did once buy an Auto BMW sold it in 6 months as I HATED driving it.. then got myself the BMW 135i Manual and i love it..

I am not too fussed with the Evoque being Auto, as its my wife's car, so I will hardly drive it. but for me none of my cars personally will ever be an Auto. I personally think its no fun.. intact my wife would prefer a Manual too.. but its too hard now to change; there are hardly any Evoque's coming to AUSTRALIA.

We originally ordered the Manual Evoque and then changed our minds only considering the resale value. Manuals in Aus, don't really sell that well, compared to the lazy AUTO.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
05-01-2012 12:56am
KPNuts

(05-01-2012 12:46am)robbo71 Wrote:  I loved the manual box on the Dynamic I test drove nice short shifts. I also drove the
Prestige auto and thought it wasnt responsive enough and that swayed me to the Dynamic.
The Prestige also comes in Manual, that is what we have.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
05-01-2012 12:43pm
EVO PUNDITT

Manual for me, it is much more exciting to drive than the Auto

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
05-01-2012 01:29pm
GibEvoque

Went for the auto, first time for me, but do a lot of town driving so made sense for me, plus building a mk1 golf with 16v engine and motorbike carbs for when i want to go for a real blast.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
05-01-2012 01:45pm