Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Meridian Music System
mark_n

RE: Meridian Music System

Agreed, try the different settings and let your ears tell you which is best. If you can't tell the difference, maybe your ears are not good enough and you've wasted your money.

I used to design hi-fi equipment but gave up when I couldn't detect the sound differences others were raving about in double-blind comparison tests. That's why I am more than happy with the standard offering which is clearly better than the Bose effort in my 911 turbo.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-02-2012 08:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

(16-02-2012 07:30pm)Red Wrote:  I would say Meridian for music as the other 2 are generally surround sound formats for films. Only a guess, but as you can play DVDs and watch TV, I suspect that is why these options are available.
Hope this helps

yes like he said!

i normally use the Meridian setting for all music, but i have the fade pulled about 2 spaces to the back from the factory setting. i find the surround works better while still giving me that forward listening stage. and the stereo effect seems a bit better at this setting. on the factory fader setting there seems to be to much bass from the front and the sound is biased to the center speaker on the dash.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-02-2012 12:02pm
bwaadass

I have to say, I'm not totally sold on the sound system. It seems a bit too bright for my tastes and the front centre speaker dominates too much.

I find myself thinking "why have I paid for 18 speakers when I can only hear this one on the dash". Pulling the sound balance more to the rear does help with this... but overall the door speakers just seem reluctant to get involved.

FM radio sounds awful (anyone else found this?). DAB is also poor (due to the low quality bit-rate broadcast in the UK).

I need to listen to it more and play with those settings!
17-02-2012 04:43pm
Rootsboy

i had not been bother to do this yet, but i just decided to sit in the passenger seat and back seats and listened to the music there.
i found that the factory setting seams to suit the back quite well, for its forward sound stage, but yes the center speaker does dominate the front be cause of this. bring in the fader back one or 2 clicks does help with the front and thats where its staying as i am probably the only person in the car that will notice.

bwaadass have a quick look at this thread, they are talking about new setting with the surround turned off....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-sound-adjustments

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 07:16pm by Rootsboy.)
17-02-2012 07:12pm
Onebigjobby

(Yesterday 06:30pm)Red Wrote:  
I would say Meridian for music as the other 2 are generally surround sound formats for films. Only a guess, but as you can play DVDs and watch TV, I suspect that is why these options are available.
Hope this helps

Well thanks all for your replies, guess I,ll go with Meridian for music then as my ears to be honest cannot really tell the difference, perhaps I'm getting old, although at age 45 I don't feel that old, but to quote life of Brian, my legs are grey, my ears are gnarled, my eyes are old and bent!
Onebigjobby
17-02-2012 11:16pm