Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maker of the additional heater ?
broady43

RE: Maker of the additional heater ?

(31-03-2012 07:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sounds like you are going to have to light a bonfire under it on cold Aberdeen mornings IKM!
I was a bit disappointed with the standard electrically powered PTC heater on the few cold mornings we have had since Febraury down here in the Central Belt, I expected it to warm up the cabin much quicker than it does.

Hi Tim,how do you turn the standard PTC heater on?

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
31-03-2012 10:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

(31-03-2012 07:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sounds like you are going to have to light a bonfire under it on cold Aberdeen mornings IKM!
I was a bit disappointed with the standard electrically powered PTC heater on the few cold mornings we have had since Febraury down here in the Central Belt, I expected it to warm up the cabin much quicker than it does.
Absolutely Tim, must get chopping more wood. Last Freelander (05 model) had park heater with remote supplied by LR dealer for £500. So much for advancement!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 10:38pm by IKM.)
31-03-2012 10:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Broadsword - just like any other car! Either adjust the temperature of the climate control up to 25/26 or switch the rapid defrost on. I found that the heated seats and steering wheel were much more effective on frosty mornings than the PTC system, which was originally supposed to be instant heating as it doesn't rely on coolant temperature to heat the incoming air.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 08:38am by XFullFatTim.)
01-04-2012 08:37am
Kele00

I got today confirmation from Local Webasto import company. The additional heater is Webasto made. Unfortunately there is no aftermarket parts (C-kit?) available to use it for pre drive heating. They just recommended to ask LR about it.

Driving - 5dr Pure SD4 Manual
Santorini black, Almond/espresso, Panoramic roof, 4 x packs, rails etc
03-04-2012 10:20am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Peter Bell (Forum Sponsor BAS) used to offer a system that made the Disco3 built in cabin heater timed and R/C, I think he has already left you a post to contact him, he may be able to offer you something that will help you. Pete also owns an Evoque

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 10:38am by XFullFatTim.)
03-04-2012 10:37am