Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MagneRide
ApeelinZ

RE: MagneRide

I am in the US (Chicago, IL) and just drove two Evoques this morning.

1. A 3-door dynamic with magnaride with AD and 20" wheels
2. A 5-Door Pure with standard 18" wheels

Here is my findings. The ride quality felt pretty much the same for both vehicles on normal roads and even ones with R.R. tracks and potholes. I did notice that when I turned corners with the Pure on the 18" wheels it felt floaty and had some lean where the Dynamic on 20" wheels was definately flatter. I wish I could have driven one with 19" wheels. I also felt the interior of the Pure felt alittle cheap and the seats were not as forgiving (a little stiffer). They both felt comfortable enough for a daily commute or even a long road trip. I even thought that the ride on the 20" wheels was better than an Audi Q5 S-line on 20" wheels and my father's 2012 Acura TL Advance on 19" wheels.

When I put the Dynamic in Dynamic Mode I instantly noticed the throttle and steering response changes. It accelerated smoother and quicker and the steering felt more precise (Kind of like hitting the S "Sport Mode" button on an Audi RS4). As far as bumps were concerned I still did not feel a difference in comfort over the standard suspension.

It is killing me on trying to spec an Evoque without the price going through the roof checking every box. Maybe I can get some feed back from some members here.

So far I am at:
- 5-Door Dynamic
More practical and will retain resale value in the future plus watching people try to get in the back of the 3-door coupe was a joke. (Exactly like Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear)
- Sumatra Black OR Orkney Grey with Vortex (Ebony/Ebony) interior
with Ebony Headliner
Probably Orkney Grey because it will hide the dirt and grime better than black (also it is a standard color where as sumatra black costs another $475 more)
- Standard 19" (Style 3) OR 20" (Style 6)
STILL NOT SURE.....
- AD with Magnaride suspension
I am thinking of the 20" wheels WITHOUT the AD Magnaride suspension. I am not buying the Evoque NOT as a hot hatch, but more for an everyday driver with some style. But then again
STILL NOT SURE....
25-08-2011 09:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brucewinter

I would love the adaptive dynamic ride. Not an option with the Prestige. I opted for the oxford leather interior, and gave up on the adaptive dymanics. How do I get both in the US?

Bruce

Received December 16, 2011: fuji white prestige 5 door, tan/ivory/espresso interior, 20" alloy wheels style 7
25-08-2011 09:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hey guys, welcome to the forum - good to see some folks from the USA/Canada here at long last

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2011 09:55pm
ApeelinZ

Bruce,

You can't get both in the states. At least the prestige comes standard with 19" wheels like the Dynamic unlike the 18" wheels on the Pure. If you want to help the handling and be alittle flatter in the corners you could upgrade to the 20" wheels. Like I said the ride quility seemed the same between all the models. Dynamic mode almost does seem like a gimmick. On the Dynamic it costs $1250 for the AD with magnaride and I am really trying extremely hard to warrant the cost for slightly better throttle response, steering feel, and shocks that adjust 1000 times a second that I really didn't feel (oh...and those evil red lit guages). Maybe I will drive another one when the dealers get them in a month before I truly decide. I guess it does not matter any way we spec an Evoque we still are like Charlie Sheen...Winning! lol
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2011 10:51pm by ApeelinZ.)
25-08-2011 10:43pm
brucewinter

Apeelinz: I actually drove a dynamic coupe with magneride, and a 5 door prestige. Both were great rides. I loved the dynamic ride red dials, and performance feel hugging the road. HOWEVER, assuming the price is affordable, nothing compared to the prestige leather interior, and that was my decision.

I have ordered a 5 door prestige, fuji white, with Tan/ivory/espresso interior,and the 19" syle 5 wheels

Received December 16, 2011: fuji white prestige 5 door, tan/ivory/espresso interior, 20" alloy wheels style 7
26-08-2011 02:07am
alanet

(26-08-2011 02:07am)brucewinter Wrote:  I have ordered a 5 door prestige, fuji white, with Tan/ivory/espresso interior,and the 19" syle 5 wheels

That's like the car James May drove in Top Gear Cool
26-08-2011 07:55am
brucewinter

(26-08-2011 07:55am)alanet Wrote:  
(26-08-2011 02:07am)brucewinter Wrote:  I have ordered a 5 door prestige, fuji white, with Tan/ivory/espresso interior,and the 19" syle 5 wheels

That's like the car James May drove in Top Gear Cool

Yes, finding "Cher". I actually saw it once and forgot. Can you send me the video link. My search needed a subscription. Bruce

27-08-2011 02:20pm
zambiaman

Is the magneride a synonym for the Adaptive Dynamic as they are specified here in Cyprus?

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2011 03:28pm by zambiaman.)
27-08-2011 03:23pm
brucewinter

I beleive so. (I think this is uneversal with the Evoque) I have not review the Cyprus site

27-08-2011 04:35pm