Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macan 2 litre 4 cyclinder announced
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Macan 2 litre 4 cyclinder announced

I believe that all new Jaguar models will be Aluminium as well - actually Land Rover has many years of experience of Aluminium as it was only with the Disco 2 and early Range Rovers that they went to steel for crash strength. My Defender has an aluminium body on a steel chassis and Disco 1 was the same. - Land Rover has been using aluminium for body work since 1948 when steel was scarce and expensive.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-05-2014 11:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

Even Porsche dealers can cock up - a colleague of mine has just rejected his Macan on delivery to the dealership as it wasn't the car he ordered - some of the factory fitted options he ordered were not built into the car..............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-11-2014 06:52pm
Sarcastrix

Tim, but was the customer service any better or did they do the LR thing, blame the customer.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
20-11-2014 08:49am
XFullFatTim

Worse by all accounts - he was treated in a manner that was more akin to "you are lucky to have got even that version". They even wanted to retain part of his deposit as a cancelation fee - shocking arrogance to deliver the wrong car that the purchaser doesn't want and then to punish them too! Cost him a visit to his lawyer to commence procedings before he got a full refund of the very substantial deposit he had to pay "to deter speculative buyers" Just confirms my view of the nasty arrogant people that many Porsche dealers seem to be - you want a car but you get it on our terms or not at all!

(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 10:18am by XFullFatTim.)
20-11-2014 10:12am
Tony

(20-11-2014 10:12am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Just confirms my view of the nasty arrogant people that many Porsche dealers seem to be - you want a car but you get it on our terms or not at all!

I have met a LR DP that meets that criteria.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 12:27pm by Tony.)
20-11-2014 12:04pm
m_101

He should have just initially refused to take delivery pending selling it privately for above what he paid for it lol. I have heard that Macans are going for above list prices when newish because of the wait. Insane but some people just really want a car right now and are prepared to pay for it!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
20-11-2014 12:15pm