Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY 2013
Nowaytk

RE: MY 2013

Keyless exit to go with the keyless entry, if they can do it on an old Renault why not on the evoque?
Or the ability to lock the vehicle when the drivers door is shut ( auto locks when last door/hatch is shut)

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
26-04-2012 08:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you have the keyless entry you don't need to use the fob to lock the car, there are two raised bars on the driver's and front passenger's doors that you tap twice to double lock the car or once to single lock. I think that what you want is a system that when you walk away from the car it will auto lock when you go outside the range of the transmitter/ receiver. The reason for not having this is that low lifers can use this as a way to enter your car and start it if you are still in range with the key fob.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-04-2012 10:03am
Nowaytk

As the range for the keyless is very short I would assume it wouldn't be a problem, it's just that sometimes when I go to lock ( especially when it's tipping down ) it can take a few attempts to get it to lock.
Also you have to wait for everyone to close their door before you can even think about locking up.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
26-04-2012 11:31am
EvoqueNorCal

(26-04-2012 10:03am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you have the keyless entry you don't need to use the fob to lock the car, there are two raised bars on the driver's and front passenger's doors that you tap twice to double lock the car or once to single lock. I think that what you want is a system that when you walk away from the car it will auto lock when you go outside the range of the transmitter/ receiver. The reason for not having this is that low lifers can use this as a way to enter your car and start it if you are still in range with the key fob.

What's the difference between double lock or single lock? Sorry for the newbie question!
25-06-2012 06:33am
BA74

My suggestions would be;
- adding some basic options such Automatic Headlights / wipers etc. should not have to buy tech pack, clear view pack etc to get such features in pure...
- an extra storage spot for loose change etc
Not in consideration but a more powerful engine would be superb!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-06-2012 07:50am
Ranger4

(25-06-2012 06:33am)EvoqueNorCal Wrote:  What's the difference between double lock or single lock? Sorry for the newbie question!

As far as I understand it, the single lock just locks the doors without setting the motion alarm inside so that you could leave pets/kids in the car while you go shopping. A double lock sets the full alarm system and locks the doors from the inside so that somebody couldn't smash the window and reach in to open the car - I think it locks the steering wheel too?

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
25-06-2012 11:29am