Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lots of errors...
splash

Lots of errors...

Hello thank for a grate site.

Have an SD4 from may 2012. Have been talking to my dealer here in Sweden about the car for the last 2 months because I had the problem with the battery not charging showing on the screen, but for the last 5-6 days the car is being very odd.

"O by the way my car if at the dealer now i called LR service and they pick up the car"

But my problems are:

1. After 10 minutes driving the car is displaying ("charging system faults" "system fault")
2. Camera system fault.
3. The navi displays turns black.
4. If I blink to left the green light will stay on.
5. Smart key not available.
6. Stability control not available.
7. Warning about the front passenger airbag (this is not new it have been there sense beginning). Irritating that each time I start the car it saying this.
8. When I stop and want to park the parking sensors and the camera is not working.
9. When I turn the car off nothing more happens I cant even lock it for 10-15 minutes.

will upload som pictures some are in swedish.

[Image: img_1046.jpg]
[Image: img_1063.jpg]
[Image: img_1066.jpg]
[Image: img_1070.jpg]
[Image: img_1071.jpg]
[Image: img_1073.jpg]

So if someone had same errors as me pls could you tell me how long this will take to fix. Get a rent car from LR and it is a (Nissan micra)..
06-01-2013 01:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deck

RE: Lots of errors...

(06-01-2013 01:03am)splash Wrote:  Hello thank for a grate site.

Have an SD4 from may 2012. Have been talking to my dealer here in Sweden about the car for the last 2 months because I had the problem with the battery not charging showing on the screen, but for the last 5-6 days the car is being very odd.

"O by the way my car if at the dealer now i called LR service and they pick up the car"

But my problems are:

1. After 10 minutes driving the car is displaying ("charging system faults" "system fault")
2. Camera system fault.
3. The navi displays turns black.
4. If I blink to left the green light will stay on.
5. Smart key not available.
6. Stability control not available.
7. Warning about the front passenger airbag (this is not new it have been there sense beginning). Irritating that each time I start the car it saying this.
8. When I stop and want to park the parking sensors and the camera is not working.
9. When I turn the car off nothing more happens I cant even lock it for 10-15 minutes.

will upload som pictures some are in swedish.

So if someone had same errors as me pls could you tell me how long this will take to fix. Get a rent car from LR and it is a (Nissan micra)..

It could be an water infiltration in the camera connector!

DYNAMIC TD4 Automatic (4WD), Firenze Red, Style 4 Wheel, Pan. Roof, Verve-Ebony int., 825W Meridian, Tech Pack 2, Cold Climate Pack, Privacy Glass

JAGUAR XF V6 2,7 (3Y)
AUDI A6 AVANT V6 2,7 (>1Y)
AUDI A4 V6 2,5 (3Y)
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 02:39pm by cjfp.)
07-01-2013 08:03am
Sarcastrix

(06-01-2013 01:03am)splash Wrote:  Have an SD4 from may 2012. Have been talking to my dealer here in Sweden about the car for the last 2 months because I had the problem with the battery not charging showing on the screen,

Mine had that too, which dealer you using? I took mine to Stockholm LR, wasn't impressed with the service as I still have all the errors.

BTW, you're pictures aren't showing.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 12:01pm by Sarcastrix.)
07-01-2013 12:01pm
RacingSnake

My vote still goes for the battery issue.
have you had the software update to the BCM? that seems to be the 'fix'?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-01-2013 01:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
splash

(07-01-2013 12:01pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Mine had that too, which dealer you using? I took mine to Stockholm LR, wasn't impressed with the service as I still have all the errors.

BTW, you're pictures aren't showing.

Hi mine is now in LR Stockholm in Vinsta (Vällingby). lets see what they do with my car. i hope that they have an update for this.
07-01-2013 10:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

As RS says there is a "fix" for the Battery Condition Monitoring module. Often with the modern Land Rovers lots and lots of faults get thrown up when the battery condition is poor and they go away when the battery is fully charged. Another thing that is a well known Land Rover thing is if a tail lamp blows you can get all sorts of fault warnings being thrown up on the info screen, hopefully with the advent of LED lighting that may be a thing of the past.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 02:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2013 02:30pm
splash

Hi, i called my dealer today regarding the issues and the have found the problem. it was the back camera. so should i believe in that?? I hope that this solves my car problems.
Hopefully i will get it back tomorrow i don't want to drive the nissan micra anymore.
10-01-2013 10:48pm
PhilSkill

It is possible a CAN device which the rear camera might be (I don't know) with water ingress, could be causing issue with the comms around the car, although don't know why it would affect the Stability control, I would have thought safety critical stuff like that would be seperated out from car utilities and entertainment etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-01-2013 12:11pm
cutter7

Driving home this afternoon and my car also flagged up various icons like yours, and my indicators packed up! and the tailgate, and the centre screen turned itself off and died..

I called out LRA and after about an hour off arriving he traced it to the rear view camera, when we dismantled the tailgate bar an got to the rear camera unit he then un-plugged it and the connector was full of water!!.
Once the connector was dried out and re-connected the tailgate started working and no error icons were showing after start up.
In order to get the centre screen working again a hard reset was done and it sprang to life again..

LRA were very good and they have booked my car in with the dealers for the modified camera etc, what ever that is? and have arranged for a disco to be at the dealers when mine is dropped off tomorrow..

(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 07:25pm by cjfp.)
14-01-2013 07:19pm
splash

Talked to my dealer regarding my problem there is a bulletin on Topix.

SSM52897 - Parking Aid Cameras Unavailable Fault Message ...

The other thing was that they found water in the rear camera and because of the the could whether the water was frozen.

so they have now ordered new camera and new set of cables.
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 01:53pm by splash.)
16-01-2013 01:53pm