Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Losing interest ?
Mudi1

RE: Losing interest ?

Every other car on the road around here is an Audi A4, mostly black, All arrived as if overnight! I hope the RRE does not end up the same.
Well done JLR if trying to limit numbers to keep exclusivity, but I doubt that is the case as, as long as there is the demand there will always be the supply. No supplier will turn down a sale.
27-04-2012 03:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Belvoirbloke

Speaking of being a bit smug swishing around in the New Car ... I’m a bit scare of the scathing looks and shaking of heads from our local farmers in their vast Rang Rovers and Toyota MegaMans, shall have to try to play down the grin. Smile=Sad
Especially with dark cherry option ...

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 04:04pm by Belvoirbloke.)
27-04-2012 04:02pm
Jonathon555

For months I have seen bugger all evoques out on the motorway . But luckily I now see 14 a day .

12 on transporters heading for the docks

2 driving,

I believe the wait is hype by dealers , I was told October earliest by stratstone , I wastold June by Ripon land rover

Stratstone 0 Ripon Land rover 2

We ordered a pair of evoques from Ripon , as they have a big allocation available.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 08:03pm by Jonathon555.)
27-04-2012 08:00pm
Urban Splash

Not sure why people are getting so upset about more evoques cropping up in your home town/city. Can't understand why evoque ownership grants some sort of 'exclusivity'. So many people I know on very average modest wages all drive round in Audi/BMW. The 'premium' brands are now really just 'normal'. Evoques are going to become a very common sight soon, so no point in getting upset! Just look at how many RRS's you see around, and they are a cannny bit more expensive.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-04-2012 09:34pm
QUEEVO

Losing interest ?

Interestingly, mrs queevo wants the Q3 so I have been looking around and proudly stating that my RRE is on order. I am so glad that I am waiting and that I did not take the "easy" option with another make. I have July to wait for the RRE and the lease on Mrs Q car... Maybe we'll be a two RRE family soon ???

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
28-04-2012 12:30am
masmullin

(27-04-2012 11:10am)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  Dealer tells me 75-80pc of production going overseas ... so we don’t see many here. Given the gorgeous looks and home brand, there should be loads on the road here.

LR and RR are not "common" brands over here in Canada/US. Even though we love big SUVs over here a lot of people go Caddy Escalade, Merc GLK, Q3 or X5, for luxury, and There are millions of Ford Escapes, GMC Suburbans here for family vehicles.

Personally, I think its stupid to buy anything but a Jeep or an LR/RR if you want an SUV.

The Evoque opens up a market segment and allows better brand penetration over here, so I can understand why they would want to sell as many in North America as they possibly can, rather than in UK where LR/RR already has massive brand penetration.

That said... im the only owner of an Evoque on the west side of Ottawa (Captial of Canada, population 1M) that I've seen. I've seen maybe 6 LR2/4 (I think you guys call them freelanders and discovery), and 3 FFRR/RRS, since I moved to the city 4 years ago.
28-04-2012 02:01am
invoke

My neighborhood is now flooded with either x3 or Q5. There are also handful of x6 and ML. In older models GL X5 and RR sports are quite common. Surprisingly there are only two babyRR in the 100 miles radius, one belongs to my residence. The stealer the other day mention they have been selling this baby like hot cakes... Really! May be in his dream.

To me its just selling gimmicks.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 03:09am by invoke.)
28-04-2012 03:07am
ChuckieB

Ask yourself how many new style x3's you are actually seeing? Its been out nearly 18 months In this neck of the woods I am only just setting to see them becoming a more common sight and certainly outnumbered by their smaller sibling. Waiting times are a story of this sector whoever the manufacturer.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
28-04-2012 08:45am
Donny Dog

(28-04-2012 08:45am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Ask yourself how many new style x3's you are actually seeing? Its been out nearly 18 months In this neck of the woods I am only just setting to see them becoming a more common sight and certainly outnumbered by their smaller sibling. Waiting times are a story of this sector whoever the manufacturer.

Without something to give the car scale, it's hard to know whether you are seeing X1s, X2s, or X3s. They all look the same to me!
28-04-2012 09:47am
Tony_T

Am also losing interest. But for me its mainly because we don't get some of the toys I'm only willing to buy the car with. It would be our family's touring car, therefore must have RSE and Tv.

However it also feels like 80% off all exports are coming to Johannesburb South Africa. Goodness gracious it is so common. Its the Mini Cooper all over again. And, It must be selling in hundreds because one dealer said I had to pay a R50 000 (£4 000) deposit just to place an order.
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 03:58pm by Tony_T.)
28-04-2012 03:56pm