Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!
recordman

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

Doesn't the outside temp come into the equation too? I think if it's below +2 or +3C it doesn't operate

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
28-04-2013 12:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZuluKZN

Update : Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

Hi Guys.....it was and software update for the stop/start and the alarm. Thanks for the advice! BTW....when I filled up the tank ...I normally average around 440miles but on this ocassion it was 498miles ( can't image the upgrade had anything to do with it?). what do you guys average on a full tank?
29-04-2013 04:32pm
PhilSkill

Havent had time to arrange with dealer, but not been notified officially anyway, so if it wasnt for here I`d still be none the wiser!
Frankly no start stop not exactly bothering me! Laughing

Zulu was the trip to the dealer a bit longer than normal? Could just be a more efficient journey than normal although nearly 500 from a tank sounds pretty good!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 10:44pm by PhilSkill.)
29-04-2013 10:41pm
speary

RE: Update : Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

(29-04-2013 04:32pm)ZuluKZN Wrote:  Hi Guys.....it was and software update for the stop/start and the alarm. Thanks for the advice! BTW....when I filled up the tank ...I normally average around 440miles but on this ocassion it was 498miles ( can't image the upgrade had anything to do with it?). what do you guys average on a full tank?

Stating how many miles you got from a tank full is not at all accurate. How do you know how much is left in your tank when you fill up ?, is it when the warning light comes on, if so how far had you driven with it on. There are just too many variables for this method to be anywhere near accurate.
Using the distance travelled and the amount of fuel you put in is the only realy accurate way. I find also that the trip computer is pretty accurate if you reset trip A after a fill up and use that

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-04-2013 08:04am
musher

Had my update installed today and the stop/start still didn't work on the way home from the dealers and before you say anything about the temp, it was showing that the outside temp was 16 degrees on the dash. Mind you i have to agree with Zulu cause when I took it in it was showing 385miles left in the tank now it's showing 490Very HappyVery Happy

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
01-05-2013 09:59pm
Kojak

Hi Musher,

Regardless of what the outside temp is, was your engine up to normal operating temp?
I think this is more instrumental than whether it is 5 degrees or 20 degrees outside.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
01-05-2013 10:10pm
PhilSkill

(01-05-2013 09:59pm)musher Wrote:  Had my update installed today and the stop/start still didn't work on the way home from the dealers and before you say anything about the temp, it was showing that the outside temp was 16 degrees on the dash. Mind you i have to agree with Zulu cause when I took it in it was showing 385miles left in the tank now it's showing 490Very HappyVery Happy

If you're saying just the miles left in tank indicator changed, I believe this is because the Internal Software average MPG calculation will have been reset and it will re-learn it over again as you drive the car and it re-calculates a more accurate fuel level to miles ratio.

When I got the car a full tank said 500miles or thereabouts, now it says 420miles after a fill up so it's an adaptive calculation based on the miles done to fuel level.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-05-2013 02:01pm
scrannel

OK, sorry to ask such a basic question, but what exactly is the eco-stop-strart? I have an Si4 w/auto trans and my TOPIx claims I need this. But... what is "this"? Thanks

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
03-05-2013 01:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's a fuel saver device that kills the Diesel engine when you stop at traffic lights and automatically restarts the engine wen T's time to go again, currently only fitted to the manual gearboxed cars but all will get it when then 9 speed auto comes on line this year

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 01:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2013 01:50pm
scrannel

(03-05-2013 01:50pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's a fuel saver device that kills the Diesel engine when you stop at traffic lights and automatically restarts the engine wen T's time to go again, currently only fitted to the manual gearboxed cars but all will get it when then 9 speed auto comes on line this year

Thanks. But as I have both the auto trans and petrol engine, not sure I understand why it's coming up on my TOPIx.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
03-05-2013 02:07pm