Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!
ZuluKZN

Hi Guys ..it's been a while. I just wanted to ask you guys if you have received and email/letter from LR about a software upgrade. My Evoque was bought in Dec 2011 and and just wanted to know if the guys that bought around that time have received such correspondence!. It's booked to go in next and it is a free 1hr job. Have had no problem with it so far(he said touching his head) and it was a v good purchase!.
Looking forward to your feedback!
20-04-2013 12:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Letter from Landrover about "EVOQUE ECO STOP/START UPDATE!

Built Nov 11, collected Dec 11 i- have not rec'd such a letter.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-04-2013 01:41pm
cutter7

Mine was built Nov 2011 and I had not received any info of this software update.

But on Thursday I has my 32K service and when I went to collect the car, the service advisor informed me that this update had been included with the service.

Prior to Thursday I wasn't aware this update was needed?
20-04-2013 07:20pm
recordman

I received an email last week calling mine in. It's in respect of 2012 and 2013 cars. Here's the guts of it:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
2012/2013 MY Range Rover Evoque
Eco Start Stop System Inoperative & Vehicle Software Updates [UK] - Q261

Land Rover is undertaking a no-charge Customer Satisfaction Program (Programme number Q261) to owners of 2012 and 2013 model year Range Rover Evoque vehicles.

Reason for this Programme

Land Rover has contacted us to make us aware of some quality improvement actions which affect your vehicle. It is possible on Range Rover Evoque vehicles that the Eco start stop system may become inoperative, and in addition on some vehicles the smart charging of the battery will be inhibited. Coincident with this the opportunity will be taken to provide some other software updates to other modules on your vehicle including a fix to complaints of involuntary operation of the Battery Backed-up Alarm Sounder.
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 07:53pm by recordman.)
20-04-2013 07:52pm
Kojak

Thanks for that...
I haven't had a letter or e-mail but I took a look and it is on Topix against my VIN number.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
20-04-2013 08:27pm
cjfp

Whilst that is the correct title of the bulletin, this is the same 'fix' for the alarm issue

Q261v2 - Eco Start Stop System Inoperative & Vehicle Software Updates

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 08:38pm by cjfp.)
20-04-2013 08:30pm
Evo-king

So are they going to apply this to all cars when they go in for their next service?

Will they look at the diagnostics to see if any faults have occurred?

I ask because up to now my car has not been affected and wonder if the updates will cause issues.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-04-2013 09:40pm
PhilSkill

No letter and had completely forgotten my car has start stop! hasnt worked since last year, just thought the cold weather was affecting it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-04-2013 10:31pm
Amadeus

I recall seeing Q261v2 on topix against my MY13 vehicle before I got it on 5 April.

Topix is now showing v3 in the "what's new" list but have had no direct communication from LR about it.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
20-04-2013 10:33pm
Barton Evoque

Mine is also showing this on topix. Not sure i want it doing as everything works fine on mine so far.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
21-04-2013 07:07am