Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LRE Day
Good shot

LRE Day

Just received my invite. Which is best Luton Hoo or Rockingham .... any preferences? Might be a daft question .... you don't have to use your own car do you? Another daft question - will I be able to drive an Evoque there? I've done a lot of off roading in a Series 3 in the past and am only really interested in seeing what an Evoque can do. Any advice appreciated.
23-11-2013 01:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: LRE Day

You are not allowed to use your own car so you have to bend theirs instead! You can specify whichever LR product you want to drive HOWEVER if you choose to go on a weekend then you might have to share the car with somebody else. It is well worth paying the extra to upgrade to a full day and trying a different car like a Defender or L405 FFRR for the other half of the day - it gives you a very good comparison of just how capable the Evoque is compared to the bigger cars in the range. You don't have to go to either Luton or Rockingham - it's nice to combine the LRE with a long weekend away somewhere ales in the UK like Eastnor Castle or Bala in Wales - if you are prepared to travel further then I can really recommend a full day at Dunkeld.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-11-2013 01:51pm
Good shot

Thanks. I've spent a lot of happy days round Dunkeld but its a long flog from Cambridge whereas Luton and Rockingham are very handy.

Another daft question but I can't see an easy answer any where. Which model Evoques have Stop / Start? My diesel automatic Prestige ( new 2013 version bought last week) doesn't.

Just thought I'd let you all know how helpful this forum is. It really helped with things like the delivery checklist and to have a look through the online manual link and to look at the type of deals other buyers were getting.
23-11-2013 06:19pm
The Valeter

I've just had my Luton Hoo experience confirmed today for 14th Feb. Been there before but I understand they have extended it further! Done Rockingham last year & I think LH is slightly better.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 06:58pm by The Valeter.)
23-11-2013 06:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

Thanks. Better get my booking in sharpish if they are full to Feb 2014 already.
23-11-2013 07:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Only manual Evoques had Stop/start up to 2014MY when the new 9 speed auto will also get Stop/Start

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-11-2013 07:21pm
rchrdleigh

Not done Luton but the general consensus on here and the sister sites is that Rockingham is more natural terrain and slightly better. Evoque at Rockingham is a 2013MY SD4 6 speed automatic Prestige, same at Luton I believe.

Most LRE locations are pretty much booked up until late February 2014 unless you're lucky enough to get a cancellation.
23-11-2013 08:22pm
Good shot

Thanks that's the same as mine so it will be good to see what it's capable of.
24-11-2013 12:21am