Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR have had no reports of rattles
ami_evo

RE: LR have had no reports of rattles

(23-02-2012 04:45pm)tetstb Wrote:  Someone who I can't name chuckled and asked me why I was surprised, after all its made up of left overs from the volvo parts bin.

Sounds like 'someone' is jelous... Very Happy
23-02-2012 04:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

@tetstb- must admit I haven't received the poor standard of service the you have obviously received from Cupar but I do know where you are coming from as when I had the disco I had to take it to Perth to get resprayed as someone took a key along the doors, and I felt that Stratstone Perth were just shockingly poor, they phoned me 2 days before it was due to go in as they couldn't fit the car in, despite it being booked in 2 months in advance. On picking up the courtesy car (vauxhall corsa) it had a range of 10mls in the tank. On collecting the disco I signed a piece of paper the handed me my keys and then walked away, no explanation of what was done to my car. I felt that because I hadn't bought my car from them that I didn't matter. So should I receive the level of service that you have received from Cupar I will have to go to pentland.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-02-2012 05:11pm
tetstb

I am happy to say that after 14 days of trying to fix it, my rattles are gone. It is a known issue and most of it comes from the type of rubber used
in the water sealant trim in doors and tailgate etc, its too shiny apparently and this leads to excess movement when the car is in motion and the noise
is rubber agains rubber friction.

Harmless but annoying but in the case of the tailgate, it will rub and eventually leak.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
02-03-2012 08:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well if it wasn't for the rev counter in mine, after today's trip I would have been concerned that the engine had stopped! Not even any wind rustle round the door mirrors and it hasn't suffered from any rattles other than one introduced because the RHS section of the rear seat back was not properly pushed back against the retaining clamp thus able to vibrate a bit. Wonderfully quiet run north from Halewood this afternoon, only one little concern was a tyre noise on some sections on motorway that sounded like I was running on a flat tyre.......... but nothing from the TPMS or from looking at the tyres, as soon as I was back on decent tarmac blacktop the noise disappeared

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-03-2012 08:36pm
cjfp

(02-03-2012 08:28pm)tetstb Wrote:  rubber agains rubber friction.

this merely seems to be part of a standard weekend fun time

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-03-2012 11:14pm
benzina

(23-02-2012 12:00pm)chiggy Wrote:  Well I have trouble believing the LR dealer and LR service that they don't know about the rattles because its on topix in the service/bulletins/diagnostics thing.

Attached a picture with screenshots of topix about half-way down showing "SSM55277 - SQUEAK OR RATTLES CAUSED BY 'BONUS' PARTS".

and that's been there for awhile.

(1) Does anyone have the subscription to topix, and can explain what the ''Bonus Parts'' are that cause squeaks and rattles?
(2) Also,latest the bulletin list shows a ''Squeak and rattle kit''....does anyone know what this consists of?

I've got a slight friction like sound coming from the left rear somewhere, that is heard when traveling with windows up in silence. It's sounds like two different pieces of trim, ever-so-slightly rubbing against each other on low frequency bumps. Because it's only a slight friction sound, it's not too much of an issue,but i am still determined to find it.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 02:10pm by benzina.)
18-04-2012 01:53pm
Donny Dog

(18-04-2012 01:53pm)benzina Wrote:  (2) Also,latest the bulletin list shows a ''Squeak and rattle kit''....does anyone know what this consists of?

A can of WD40 and some Blu-tack?
18-04-2012 02:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC "bonus parts" are things like surplus screws/ clips and rivets that get left in the car during build, sometimes even tools get left behind!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-04-2012 02:09pm
benzina

Ah o.k, thanks for that one Tim. Pheeeew!...i'm glad it does'nt sound like i have bonus parts then, and it puts my minor trim friction sound into perspective.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 02:21pm by benzina.)
18-04-2012 02:18pm
hammie2k

I have a rattle coming from either the parcel shelf or tail gate. It only seems to start when the car has "warmed up" but i normally cure it be either A) have the wife in the car then you can't hear yourself think Smile or B) turn up the radio Smile

I'll bob it in the dealers at some point and ask them to take a look but other than this nothing to report fault wise

5 Door SD4 Dynamic Santorini Black, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Style 6 Alloys
Collected: 15th March 2012 Very Happy
18-04-2012 05:12pm