Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR have had no reports of rattles
Barneyridge

RE: LR have had no reports of rattles

I have a squeak coming from the rear. It sounds like metal on metal and only happens occasionally over rougher bumps. It also sounds like it can come from either side independently depending on the bump/pot hole. I will have to get the wife to drive while I sit in the back to try and locate it. Anyone else have a similar squeak?

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-04-2012 12:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Mine seemingly comes from the left rear corner, and my sound type analysis alternates between a friction like sound, to metal on metal. Slight vibration such as reasonably coarse road surfaces, tend to bring it out.
Barney, let me us know if you find yours, because their's a small chance we may be looking for the same thing,and so far,i've had no luck finding it.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 02:34pm by benzina.)
20-04-2012 02:32pm
ED209

Mine has a tiny rattle in the cabin, i think its one of the vents on the dash as if you close them all you cannot hear it. It is tiny though so not really worth getting upset about.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
20-04-2012 05:26pm
Barneyridge

(20-04-2012 02:32pm)benzina Wrote:  Mine seemingly comes from the left rear corner, and my sound type analysis alternates between a friction like sound, to metal on metal. Slight vibration such as reasonably coarse road surfaces, tend to bring it out.
Barney, let me us know if you find yours, because their's a small chance we may be looking for the same thing,and so far,i've had no luck finding it.

Whilst at the dealers last week, I ask for them to lube all the hinges around the back. Unfortunately the noise is still there. Further self diagnosis is needed I think.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
22-04-2012 04:51am
olde

We need to add this stuff to The List (aka petition). So, please verify, our rattles so far include:
1. rubbing between trim that is fitted to the top of the tailgate and the trim inside the tailgate entrance
2. shiny rubber sealant around doors can cause squeaking
3. inside door panels rattle
4. dash vents rattle
5. something in the rear right of the vehicle (noticed in 3-cars so far)
6. I sometimes get a buzz inside the dashboard, like a lose wire
7. load creak or groan when your steering goes to full lock

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 03:43am by olde.)
24-04-2012 03:29am
benzina

(20-04-2012 02:32pm)benzina Wrote:  Mine seemingly comes from the left rear corner, and my sound type analysis alternates between a friction like sound, to metal on metal. Slight vibration such as reasonably coarse road surfaces, tend to bring it out.

Dropped into the LD service center today, and had a technician ride in the back while i drove around so he could try and detect where the rattle was coming from.
After much searching without any luck, we went back and he took it inside for some more inspection. To him, he says it's more of a rattle sound then a friction one.

He seems to think it's the (left lower plastic exterior rear door trim), that is causing the rattle, as it seems slightly loose on it's clips, which seems to make the rattle when we bang on it. Also,that rattle would transmit up through to the rear wheel arch corner, and this would makes sense,as thats where we're hearing the rattle.
We have ordered new clips and plastic trim panel, so fingers crossed, this will fix it good and proper.
Barneyridge...you should see if this is also the cause of your rattle.

EDIT....Unfortunately, it's not the plastic lower door trim making the rattle, as i tested roding in the back with opening the door slightly to isolate the panels, but i could still hear the rattle coming from the rear corner panel. It's got to be inside the boot lining were the fuse box is.
This is going to require things being taken apart to see inside, and that worries me cause they may create other problems.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 12:19pm by benzina.)
27-04-2012 06:57am