Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED Reverse Light
LIONHEAD

LED Reverse Light

I installed some LED Reverse Bulbs today and I'm happy with the results. Installation is straight forward thanks to the video posted on Youtube on how to remove the taillight unit.

Here's a few pics:

[Image: b5a.jpg]
[Image: b8a.jpg]
[Image: b4a.jpg]

I also purchased some LED turn signal bulbs but turns out they won't fit. The bottom of the OEM bulbs has a 2 prong and the ones don't have that. Need to look online to find some.

These were the ones I bought but won't fit:
[Image: b2a.jpg]
13-01-2012 11:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: LED Reverse Light

Lionhead, Part Number and supplier info could be useful.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-01-2012 03:53pm
dandavis1

Without sounding daft, which is the LED - left or right (I'm guessing left)? Is it much brighter?
14-01-2012 05:05pm
LIONHEAD

Yes...the left. They are brighter and whiter as the incandescent bulb look old and yellowish (IMO).

Not sure where I got them from. I bought the turn signals from ebay but they won't fit. I figured once I take off the taillight to install the LED turn signals, I can see what the reverse bulb looks like as I have a bag of bulbs and a few LED bulbs left over from the last 5 years and found 2 that worked. They were either bought at Car Boutique (locally here), Amazon or Ebay. They are either T10 or T15s.

[Image: lb.jpg]
14-01-2012 11:36pm
QUATTROMAN

Hey Lionhead, whats with the white growth all over your Evoque, is it some kind of fungus or cotton woolLaughing

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
15-01-2012 12:27am
slee18

Their T15 bulbs. Lion you need to get that tree fungus looked at Smile
15-01-2012 01:37am
LIONHEAD

LaughingLaughingLaughing I was washing the car and was trying this new drying method using cotton and it didn't workout too well. Laughing

We got some snow 2 days ago and then cold temps the last few days (high temps in the teens) and so the base layer of snow is frozen on the car. I rather leave it then trying to remove it with a brush or scraper that can create swirl marks or scratches on the car.

It's at least better than before.......
[Image: snow1.jpg]

BTW...T10 LED bulbs will probalby work too.
15-01-2012 07:06am
QUATTROMAN

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
15-01-2012 05:09pm
Mrcham

(14-01-2012 11:36pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Yes...the left. They are brighter and whiter as the incandescent bulb look old and yellowish (IMO).

Not sure where I got them from. I bought the turn signals from ebay but they won't fit. I figured once I take off the taillight to install the LED turn signals, I can see what the reverse bulb looks like as I have a bag of bulbs and a few LED bulbs left over from the last 5 years and found 2 that worked. They were either bought at Car Boutique (locally here), Amazon or Ebay. They are either T10 or T15s.

I have just upgraded my March 2013 RR Evoque Prestige Plus with Cree LED's, the first T10's bought from Amazon looked great, bright white. However, once in the seat these were useless, the light is projected as a spot and it's not powerful enough, I couldn't actually tell in the reversing camera or the mirrors that the lights were on.
I have just fitted Cree T15 25w bulbs bought here: http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/index.php?r...1yZXZpZXc=
They recommended these as the best replacement and they certainly are a great improvement. Bright white, higher wattage and they have surround led's as well as the rear projector led which means they give a better spread of light and are an improvement on the OEM.
I was looking for better lighting for off road when I'm in dark mud and rocks with potholes and unfortunately although a great improvement this hasn't done it. I think I'm going to have to find a way of fitting a separate light which doesn't look too naff on a great looking car.

(14-01-2012 11:36pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Yes...the left. They are brighter and whiter as the incandescent bulb look old and yellowish (IMO).

I have just upgraded my March 2013 RR Evoque Prestige Plus with Cree LED's, the first T10's bought from Amazon looked great, bright white. However, once in the seat these were useless, the light is projected as a spot and it's not powerful enough, I couldn't actually tell in the reversing camera or the mirrors that the lights were on.
I have just fitted Cree T15 25w bulbs bought here: http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/index.php?r...1yZXZpZXc=
They recommended these as the best replacement and they certainly are a great improvement. Bright white, higher wattage and they have surround led's as well as the rear projector led which means they give a better spread of light and are an improvement on the OEM.
I was looking for better lighting for off road when I'm in dark mud and rocks with potholes and unfortunately although a great improvement this hasn't done it. I think I'm going to have to find a way of fitting a separate light which doesn't look too naff on a great looking car.
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2014 09:58am by Mrcham.)
14-12-2014 09:54am