Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs
Westy

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

(03-02-2012 11:51am)Daglass Wrote:  Ok, I've read this thread over and over and I'm just going to come out and ask a stupid question...is this what i need to order?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-501-T10-W5...45febd5e5b

Hello I ordered the very same bulbs from fizzmo and they came within 36 hours, very pleased just need the car to put them in now.

They look good quality and don't look too big to fit in the light apertures. Fizzmo also have really good feedback

Will share my pictures when I have installed them next weekend. Smile

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
04-02-2012 01:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

(02-02-2012 04:08am)LIONHEAD Wrote:  I was playing around with the rear reverse light and I started from the left bulb and ended up with the right one.
[Image: rleda.jpg]
[Image: rled2s.jpg]

Below pic has my 1st bulb on the right and the 2nd bulb I tried on the left. Left is alittle brighter.
[Image: 203a.jpg]

Below pic is the 2nd bulb I tried on the left and the last and final bulb I used:
[Image: r1a.jpg]

The final bulb uses a projector type LED. Here are some pics of them at night:
[Image: r3a.jpg]
[Image: r6a.jpg]
[Image: r4a.jpg]

If anyone is interested in the projector LED bulb in the above pics, let me know and I'll post the link where I bought them from.

Sorry to labour the thread, why do all the companies say you have to have the error free can bus bulbs for a car like the evoque, especially the main exterior bulbs, I am watching some of the normal t15 led projector bulbs on eBay and will buy if they are going to be ok, if they do show an error can this be easily sorted by putting the old bulbs back in.

Sounds like none of you have experienced any problems yet with these LEDs in the reverse lights.

I think yours look great, bet you can't wait for the warmer weather to come so you can get your car nice and shiny again.

The bad weather is due this week in the uk.

Thanks for your help

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

04-02-2012 02:54pm
MW73

Boot bulb changed... Interior ones on order from Fizzmo
Hopefully the holders won't be too tough to get out...
06-02-2012 08:24pm
Daglass

Any recommendations of what the halogens could be replaced with?

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
06-02-2012 11:18pm
speary

Do the led interior light dim as they go off like the original bulbs or are they just on or off?

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-02-2012 02:04pm
cjfp

Mine dim

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-02-2012 02:08pm
speary

(08-02-2012 02:08pm)cjfp Wrote:  Mine dim

Thats good news. I will order some when I get my car

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-02-2012 02:16pm
Westy

Have changed the footwell lights and the interior lights today, so waiting for it go dark to appreciate the difference, after collecting the car yesterday I thought the lights looked quite bright and then I fitted one of the rear interior lights and realised how different the LEDs look.

I used a Stanley blade to remove the covers, I snapped off the sharp corner edge with a pair of pliers (not so sharp and less likely to scratch the plastic) both of the rears done in about five minutes, thanks to lionhead for the instructions, then the footwell, it takes you more time to move the seat back than it does to change the bulbs in the footwells (watch though as they maybe hot if you a doing this with the door open)

Next job, front dome lights, tried with the Stanley blade to remove the cover, mine was very tight and like some of the other members I was frightened of damaging the soft touch sensor, so I decided I would try and remove the whole unit,

I have taken three pictures to hopefully assist you, once the trim unit it is released you can remove the bulb holder from the inside and then switch the bulbs over in the bulb holders.

Now the lights are a nice glow and I haven't done any damage to the trim, cut my finger though on some sharp plastic, but lights ok.

Hope this helps

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463...C00108.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463...C00106.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463...C00107.jpg

The last photo you will see the three bulb holders clearly, these simply undo with a small anti clockwise turn, the lamp trim unit has two locating pegs that sit into two slots at the front of the unit and there are two spring trim clips that hold the unit in the headlining at the rear of the unit.

To finish make sure the bulbs are working properly then refit and click the trim unit back home into place.

Thanks for the thread as I would have been puzzled as the lights go out of sync, but with the hints this is easily sorted.

Let's wait for 530pm now and see the difference Very Happy

09-02-2012 04:08pm
Daglass

(06-02-2012 08:24pm)MW73 Wrote:  Boot bulb changed... Interior ones on order from Fizzmo
Hopefully the holders won't be too tough to get out...

Ordered some from Fizzmo myself, been a bit delayed by the snow and a busted roof apparently

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
09-02-2012 05:32pm
MW73

Received mine today - only ordered the 8 led error free ones - all fitted ok and working nicely. Not sure if I should have ordered ones with more LEDs on? Others seem to have fitted ones with 12/16 LEDs on, I guess there just slightly brighter? Does anyone know who fitted the higher number led ones if they are a tight fit or do they fit ok, as I may change ..... ?
09-02-2012 08:59pm