LIONHEAD

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

Thanks. Here's a footwell LED pic.
[Image: led123.jpg]
22-01-2012 02:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

Sorry not to hijack the thread Lion, what floormats do you have??? Does it cover the dead pedal?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-01-2012 03:16am
gw76

So can someone give a summary of what bulb codes/types go in what light ? I want to replace all the lights
22-01-2012 01:11pm
LIONHEAD

They are T10 bulbs for dome and rear and festoon bulb for the trunk. Just becareful not to buy too long or wide or else they won't fit the housing.
(22-01-2012 03:16am)slee18 Wrote:  Sorry not to hijack the thread Lion, what floormats do you have??? Does it cover the dead pedal?

They are goodyear universal floor mats. Unfortunately they don't cover the entire dead pedal but these are temporary as I'm waiting for weathertech to make their digital fit for the evoque.
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 09:43pm by LIONHEAD.)
22-01-2012 09:41pm
gw76

There are lots of different festoon LED bulb lengths 31mm, 36mm, 39mm, 41mm - which would fit ?
Just found elsewhere it should be about 37mm
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 11:07pm by gw76.)
22-01-2012 11:04pm
2011Evoque

I'm sure its a daft question, but could doing this have any effect on the warranty? Especially if the car then developed an electrical fault.

I guess they would have to prove it was down to the change in lighting, or would we have to prove that it wasn't?
24-01-2012 02:19pm
gw76

Mmm. really struggling with the main dome panels removal, tried thin bits of plastic etc but already starting to mark the plastic rim. Not sure ill every get it off. Footwells abd rear lights done though to great effect. Festoon bulb still to be delivered and will reattempt front dome perhpas with some different tools
24-01-2012 09:28pm
slee18

Have you tried a credit card? Maybe the corners of it will help pop it off.

2011evoque It needs to be a really poor quality bulb to cause electrical problems. I've heard of ballast or over wattage causing issuses but LED are even lower wattage then normal incandecent bulbs. My previous experience is LED don't fade but that may have changed recently. Maybe Lion can chime in if the LEDs will fade or not

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
25-01-2012 03:56am
cjfp

ok - a bit of info for you and a small tale at which you can laugh (if you want).

Make sure you have a small plastic tool so as not to damage anything:-

The front dome is easy to get off. Look at Lionhead picks of dome (the one with the arrows) - just insert tool at one side and gently move dome out of place slightly then remove tool, move along slightly etc etc. Once you have gone across once, start again and dome will flap down. This will give you just enough room to get fingers in to change bulbs. Flap dome back up and just push to reinsert.

Have also upgraded the boot to give more light - I found it easier to get the whole light unit out of the trim (can out easy, gently insert tool under middle bottom edge) and then take it to bits to replace bulb. Put back together and push back into trim.

Footwells are easy - simply pull out and replace.

Rear interior bulbs - having a bit of problem getting the plastic off on these. Going to re-read Lionhead info and try again.

Ok, now for the laughs:-
i) as my car is red and I have my ambient lighting set to red, I have replaced the courtesy interior bulbs (the ones that come on when you unlock the car) with red leds - I think it looks good but I'm sure there will be those on here that won't [and no doubt they'll tell me so].
ii) Also don't, as i did, panic when, after fitting all the led bulbs, all the interior lights stop working! After the panic, I switched all the led back to the original bulbs and ... still nothing. What I didn't realise is that you can totally stop the courtesy lights working [when you unlock the car] by touching the middle dome light for 2 seconds. As soon as I realised I had turned them all off whilst replacing the dome bulbs, I switched all bulbs back to led, ensured they were switched on and low-and-behold all work lovely and red.

Off to try and do the rear internal bulbs now.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
26-01-2012 04:45pm