Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just purchased my Evoque, need recommendations
djbready

Just purchased my Evoque, need recommendations

I just purchased a Orkney Grey Dynamic package that is currently getting shipped to me which I'm pretty excited about.

I would like to wrap my Orkney Grey in all Black. And need recommendations and suggestions on which parts should be painted black.

My list so far is:

'Range Rover' lettering (front/back)
Front Grey bumper
Back Grey bumper
Rims

What am i missing? What else can i paint black? Also, has anyone ever seen this style of rims painted black? If it wouldnt look good, should i just buy new rims?

(I've attached some stock pics from the dealer)

Thanks for the help!

[Image: 603530f02f4c4cd3869250182011a94c!2013040....jpg?w=590]

[Image: 595e21a91ee44bd295b3265d5949c3c3!2013040....jpg?w=590]
24-04-2013 02:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heronb

RE: Just purchased my Evoque, need recommendations

I don't have experience of wrapping but if it was me I'd leave the front and rear 'bull bars' silver to contrast against the black wrap on the car.
Think you need bigger rims.

Nice project, good luck.
24-04-2013 03:03pm
djbready

I kind of wanted to match Beckhams special edition because i really like how that looks.

Does anyone know the style of these 2013 rims? Would these rims be a fair straight across trade for the 20" rims? how much extra would i have to add for that trade?
24-04-2013 05:23pm
heronb

So you want to have the black trim rather than the whole car.

Ok - here's some info

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Beckham-wheels

I think they are exclusive to the special edition.
24-04-2013 08:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And to get a set of them you will need the VIN of a Beckham Edition as LR Accessories will not sell them to you or a dealer without that important number. It's the same with a lot of LR special Editions, but even some standard cars they will demand a VIN before releasing the bits - I wanted a full length rubber mat for my Freelander1, the same on as was standard in the Freelander Commercial......... Cannot do said LR as your car isn't a Commercial please supply us with the correct VIN for a commercial and we'll despatch one to you! Same with the honeycomb grille of the original RRS HST, to get a grille it had to be for a damaged HST.........VIN please. It was surprising how many RRS HST grilles fell off a handful of RRS HST's that were dealer demo cars!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-04-2013 10:29pm
djbready

Well, the rims didnt need to be exact, but thanks anyways.

What about the items i want to paint? anything else i should add to the list?

Also, i noticed that the Beckham edition had different head and tail lights? Can i only buy them from LR? Can i 'smoke' them?
24-04-2013 10:32pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

you won't be able to purchase any of the VB edition parts.

they are all strictly ordered to VIN number and cannot be released with out this.

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
25-04-2013 12:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(24-04-2013 10:32pm)djbready Wrote:  Well, the rims didnt need to be exact, but thanks anyways.

What about the items i want to paint? anything else i should add to the list?

Also, i noticed that the Beckham edition had different head and tail lights? Can i only buy them from LR? Can i 'smoke' them?

YOu can buy the lights but much more cost effective to just have them tinted by a reputable window tinter. Also note the fog lights are tinted on the black pack.
25-04-2013 12:07pm
djbready

yea, i wasn't looking to buy actual parts from the VB edition except maybe the taillights and headlights, but most likely i will have them tinted like you alluded

should i go to 22 inch rims? or go up to 20 inch? any recomendations on brands? do RRS rims fit evoque? ive seen conflicting reports on theforum
25-04-2013 02:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RRS hubs are different to Evoque's, we have Freelander2 hubs so RRS wheels don't fit the stud pattern. If you are prepared to write-off your transmission /drive train warranty by all means fit bigger than LR approved wheels, a few on the forum have, but do keep your original wheels and ensure that when servicing time comes round you swap them back onto the car otherwise the service agent is bound by LR to report non-OEM bigger wheels in case of claims under warranty. The car's steering system is not designed to carry bigger than 20" wheels/tyres

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 04:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-04-2013 04:33pm