Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got my first...
RacingSnake

Just got my first...

Dent.

Evil
I know when and which car did it.
On Saturday I parked in the furthest corner of the car park in a whole row of empty spaces, and I came back to find an old black Peugeot estate parked so close to the drivers door I couldn't get in.
I had to climb over the passenger seat.
I check the car as soon as I got home and didn't see anything, but whilst washing the car yesterday (car hasn't really been used much over the weekend), There it was, a small ripple, about 10mm long with a slither of black paint in the middle. Evil

I've polished the paint mark off, but there is still a small ripple in the panel, and it's about an inch away from the door frame (on the rear quarter), so I'm not even sure I can get it rolled out.

As my wife said "it was going to happen", but it's always a bit of a piss boiler when it does Crying Especially as I go out of the way to inconvenience myself to make sure it's 'safe' from these eedjuts.

I guess that'll teach me to shop in Asda!!!! Laughing

(apologies for the rant, and the leading thread title which everyone hates WinkVery Happy)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-06-2012 08:26am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

RE: Just got my first...

Sympathies. Hope you can get it fixed.
I, too, am still at the stage of parking as far away from everything else as possible. I usually come back to find someone has parked really close when there's no need.
Makes my blood boil too.

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
18-06-2012 10:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

Sympathies from me as well Racing....I'm equally paranoid about supermarket parking as well but accept it's only a matter of time before I share you experience!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-06-2012 12:38pm
WB
WB

A good paintless dent repair guy will be able to get it back like new if its bothering you. Probably cost around £50
18-06-2012 01:36pm
Evo-king

I feel for you Racing Snake, the dreaded car wash which reveals the latest damage.

Gave my car a thorough wash dry and detailing spray yesterday and bingo, stone chip on the bonnet edge, did a lot of m'way driving last week, 300 miles, and worse a scratch/graze on the drivers door, which resembles a door being opened onto a brick wall, I know it wasn't me and the wife has said nothing, I'm wondering if it was there all along, but I think my detailer would have pointed it out.

I'm trying to be relaxed about it, but I know in the end I will be doing something about it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-06-2012 08:46pm
THEMACS

Funny you mention this, well not funny at all really, today Mrs Mac parked at our local
Multi storey on the top floor where there was only one other car, she parked in an end space and strayed into the next bay so she could get out, now bear in mind on the Whole floor there was one other car,when she returned 15 minutes later some Censored jobs worth give her a £50 fine for parking outside the bay!! What a complete and utter T**t! She told him as much and was quite tempted to run the snivling bastard off his shitty scooter!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 10:07pm by THEMACS.)
18-06-2012 10:06pm
RacingSnake

Just remember the 'fine' will be unenforceable (unless it was council or police), and therefore file it in the bin Smile

I've decided to leave our dent for now, but will 'save up' a few before we get someone out. Rolling Eyes

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-06-2012 10:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(18-06-2012 10:12pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Just remember the 'fine' will be unenforceable (unless it was council or police), and therefore file it in the bin Smile

I've decided to leave our dent for now, but will 'save up' a few before we get someone out. Rolling Eyes

It was someone from the council, well hope he sleeps well tonight!

More than anything it was his terrible attitude and the way he spoke to my wife, extremely lucky for him she was on her own!

Sorry to hear about the dent, it absolutely infuriates me when idiots do that, they should be strung up by their b*****ks, why do they have to park next to you when there s an empty car park?,Evil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 10:18pm by THEMACS.)
18-06-2012 10:17pm
doug

I did ask one of these parking wardens once. if i could park across two parking bays, if I paid for two pay & display tickets. His answer was "if your wheel crosses over the White line, you will still get a parking fine" Sad
I did point out that the parking bays are so small, that I couldn't even open the doors to get my kids out. His answer to this was "you don't have to park hear & you should have got a smaller car". We had a Discovery at the time.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 10:51pm by doug.)
18-06-2012 10:39pm
woodhouse

Speeding ticket!
20-06-2012 07:24am