Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Just got back from NEC Evoque Live
Alex

RE: Just got back from NEC Evoque Live

One of the LR engineers told me at the event that there will be an additional accessory item that can be attached to the stowage rails to split the boot into various compartments or stowage areas, including a rubber matt to protect the floor - for the cost you would assume it would come with the kit but he said there will be various stowage options add/ons to the rails.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
31-05-2011 03:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wardpg

I wonder if the low battery symbol shown on most dashboard pictures is a sign of things to comeLaughing
31-05-2011 03:20pm
Alex

LOL - yeah probably. But funny you should mention that...

At the Birmingham (NEC) event when I was sitting in the Pure (drivers side) and I got out and opened the door it made a loud click and the door swung with an unstable swing.

Upon inspection the bolt holding the door hinge was slightly loose. I touched the bolt and felt it move slightly. When looking at it a rep rushed over and asked what I was doing. I showed him how the door made a noise when opening and the loose door hinge. I said to him I hope this is not something I will expect once purchasing.

He told me it was like that because it was a pre-production car. But irrespective of being pre-production the door hinge and construction set-up I'm sure will remain the same, which looked fairly poor and not that robust.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
31-05-2011 03:32pm
DynamicRRV

One I sat in had gearbox fault!!!!
31-05-2011 05:19pm
Alex

(31-05-2011 05:19pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  One I sat in had gearbox fault!!!!

In what way - how was it faulty, or how would you know as you can't turn the engines on?

Do you think these show cars are really built with lower quality, hence the door issue?

31-05-2011 05:23pm
DynamicRRV

Sorry I meant it stated on the computer it had a fault!
31-05-2011 06:09pm
Alex

Oh ok, well then again could have been the computer operating system ST fault as well.

The guy at the event told me the stereo ripped CD's, USB sticks to the internal hard drive and used a windows based operating system to play the media - perhaps some version of media player, none the less it's not propriety so could mean less problems with OS updates or firmware updates.

My Ford Kuga touch screen operating system is a load of rubbish. In fact cashpoint machines have better graphics than what's in my car.

Let's hope the Evoque has an intuitive OS without to many glitches.

31-05-2011 08:07pm
Urban Splash

(31-05-2011 08:07pm)Alex Wrote:  Oh ok, well then again could have been the computer operating system ST fault as well.

The guy at the event told me the stereo ripped CD's, USB sticks to the internal hard drive and used a windows based operating system to play the media - perhaps some version of media player, none the less it's not propriety so could mean less problems with OS updates or firmware updates.

My Ford Kuga touch screen operating system is a load of rubbish. In fact cashpoint machines have better graphics than what's in my car.

I'm not sure how intuitive the Evoque OS will be...... but the graphics and transitions looked pretty snazzy!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
31-05-2011 08:58pm
FFRR

(31-05-2011 03:20pm)wardpg Wrote:  I wonder if the low battery symbol shown on most dashboard pictures is a sign of things to comeLaughing

You joke...

Having had this frequently on my 2011 FFRR, get ready! Doesn't necessarily mean it's flat anytime soon...just be cautious.
31-05-2011 11:30pm
Kermit

(31-05-2011 08:07pm)Alex Wrote:  My Ford Kuga touch screen operating system is a load of rubbish. In fact cashpoint machines have better graphics than what's in my car.

The pictures and videos I seen remind me of Jaguar's touch screen.
01-06-2011 01:45am