Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD

According to the latest Autocar (and also in Auto-Express and Car Magazines) that LR has had a lot of input into the new 4wd 3.0ltr V6 versions of the XF and XJ. Unfortuantely for the time being they won't be offered in the UK, only in the "snow belt" of the USA, Russian and Chinese markets. Pity as I was very taken with the Jaguar XF Sportback but ruled it out as a replacement for the RRE next year because it doesn't have 4WD.
Also read in todays Autocar about Kahn's modifications to the Evqoue - apparently Gerry MacGovern doesn't like any of the offerings from any of the "bespoke" remodellers (I quite agree with him too!). Apparrently Kahn has found it extremely difficult to improve the Evoque (don't we know it!) and have only succeeded in making it look different. Also in the item is a bit about their Chelseatruck version of the Jeep Wrangler - apparrently they sold more of their modified version than the dealership network sold standard editions in total last year, just goes to show there are still plenty of folks out there with too much money and not much taste

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-08-2012 02:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD

I do find it strange Jaguar wont release their cars in 4WD. I not too sure if they're worried about higher CO2 emissions or what, but after the last few winters, there's definitely demand for them.
If the German marques are bringing their 4WD saloons and estates here, why not Jaguar.
22-08-2012 11:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply