Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issue with air conditioning
Crustydaemon

RE: Issue with air conditioning

Just to clarify even I have a MY2013, does the vents in the Rear blows only cold air?? mine does blow only cold air, wondering whether even my car has an issue with Air conditioning.
05-01-2015 05:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
steegie

(05-01-2015 05:07pm)Crustydaemon Wrote:  Just to clarify even I have a MY2013, does the vents in the Rear blows only cold air?? mine does blow only cold air, wondering whether even my car has an issue with Air conditioning.

Hi Crustydaemon,

In my case cold (or very hot) air is blown at both the front and rear side of the passenger side.

I do however remember that there was a time that people in the back sometimes complained that they felt cold air being blown but I didn't really paid attention to it as the air in the front area was ok. It might be that my problem originally started at the rear side, but I'm not sure of that.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 11:55am by steegie.)
10-01-2015 11:52am
mklam90

Took my car to the dealership few weeks ago, they said the compressor needed to be replaced. Only took 2 days to order in the new unit and replacing it, now it's working perfectly again.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
12-01-2015 02:06pm
steegie

(12-01-2015 02:06pm)mklam90 Wrote:  Took my car to the dealership few weeks ago, they said the compressor needed to be replaced. Only took 2 days to order in the new unit and replacing it, now it's working perfectly again.
Hi mklam90,

Did you experienced the same problems as I currently have (very cold or very hot air being blown through the vents independent of the temperature settings of the airco)?

I went to the dealer today to bring in my car, and I did asked if the root cause of this issue was already known. I got the following answer : we don't actually know what the problem is, but in first instance we will replace the stepper motors and than we will see if we need to do more...

Anyhow in the normal case I will have the car back on wednesday afternoon and in meanwhile I keep my fingers crossed. I will post more info once I have the car back.
12-01-2015 07:50pm
mklam90

(12-01-2015 07:50pm)steegie Wrote:  Hi mklam90,

Did you experienced the same problems as I currently have (very cold or very hot air being blown through the vents independent of the temperature settings of the airco)?

I went to the dealer today to bring in my car, and I did asked if the root cause of this issue was already known. I got the following answer : we don't actually know what the problem is, but in first instance we will replace the stepper motors and than we will see if we need to do more...

Anyhow in the normal case I will have the car back on wednesday afternoon and in meanwhile I keep my fingers crossed. I will post more info once I have the car back.

Not really, mine works fine according to the temperature settings. It was the compressor that was malfunctioned, which resulted in warm air before.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
13-01-2015 06:58am
steegie

Hi,

I have my car back for 2,5 weeks now. Both the left and right stepper motors were replaced. The airco/heating is working like it should now and the dasboard hasn't been damaged during the replacement.

So everything seems to be ok again. Me happy Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 07:16pm by steegie.)
01-02-2015 07:16pm