Poll: Are you leaving off your engine badge?
No - I wear my badge with pride and want the world to know my choice
Yes - My choice of engine is private and if the world thinks I've chosen eD4, so be it
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Engine Badge Removal
SebM

RE: Engine Badge Removal

I asked to remove all badges, but only as I did that on all my cars... I prefer nothing on the car, except the big RANGE ROVER of course Wink

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
20-10-2011 06:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Yes, it would look curious without the R A N G E R O V E R lettering front and rear.

Are you wanting to remove the Evoque badge as well? I will look forward to a red "Evoque Sport" in a future model.

I agree about the Land Rover badge, it's a bit like the logos for Ford and Boots, a rather dated look.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-10-2011 06:59am
SebM

(20-10-2011 06:59am)mark_n Wrote:  Are you wanting to remove the Evoque badge as well?
Yes !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
20-10-2011 08:49am
benzina

As the demo's have proved, and from my enquiry last week,the Australian delivered cars will all come standard without the engine badge, yet leaving the Evoque badge on one side,and the Land Rover badge on the other. I quite like this, as it still looks clean, balanced,and finished.
I also like how the oval Land Rover badge on the back,has a Black background, rather then the green seen on the other LR products.
Center caps on the wheels will also come standard with a round Range Rover badge,and not Land Rover.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 02:16pm by benzina.)
06-11-2011 10:07am
fam1x

I asked to remove all badges, as I think it looks cleaner without the horriable green landrover badge. The RANGE ROVER does look cool, thats about it Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 11:13am
SW6RR

(07-11-2011 11:13am)fam1x Wrote:  I asked to remove all badges, as I think it looks cleaner without the horriable green landrover badge. The RANGE ROVER does look cool, thats about it Smile

Hi - I think all the LAnd Rover badges are black, not green (at least, mine is!)

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
07-11-2011 11:17am
fam1x

(07-11-2011 11:17am)SW6RR Wrote:  Hi - I think all the LAnd Rover badges are black, not green (at least, mine is!)

You right I'm sure I saw some green ones somewhere maybe those were old Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 11:24am