Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this normal? An EPB issue?
Evoquer

RE: Is this normal? An EPB issue?

(04-07-2012 02:41pm)andrey1302 Wrote:  its something that you feel coming from a gas pedal... I noticed that this mainly happens when I started the car in about 10-15 meters going on a slight downhill and accelerating....

Exactly. Except that mine happens no matter it's downhill or uphill or flat road. Something kicks my gas pedal twice. As a few people commented, if it's EPB, why would it release after several seconds and not immediately after I switch to 'D'rive? Now I miss my old hand brake. Rolling Eyes

I will bring it to dealer and see what they say.

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 05:53am by Evoquer.)
06-07-2012 05:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(06-07-2012 05:52am)Evoquer Wrote:  Now I miss my old hand brake. Rolling Eyes

Doubt this is anything to do directly with the EPB (since you say it affects gas/throttle pedal and happens while moving, if only 100 yards after pull away),

As said above, hold the foot brake on and press the button to release the EPB first and then drive off... (just like you would with your old hand brake) if you still get it, it's nothing to do with the EPB.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-07-2012 12:33pm
Wistra

(06-07-2012 05:52am)Evoquer Wrote:  Exactly. Except that mine happens no matter it's downhill or uphill or flat road. Something kicks my gas pedal twice. As a few people commented, if it's EPB, why would it release after several seconds and not immediately after I switch to 'D'rive? Now I miss my old hand brake. Rolling Eyes

I will bring it to dealer and see what they say.

Hello! Did you get an answer to the problem? I feel exactly the same with my gas pedal.
16-09-2012 09:21pm