Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a DVD drive on the Dynamic?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is there a DVD drive on the Dynamic?

IIRC The Evoque is the first car in the UK where being able to watch video files is a standard fitting on all the UK spec models - all versions have a video capable screen and all have the iPod connectivity and USB as standard - maybe LR is trying to deny the hackers their spot of fun!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-10-2011 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BOBM4N

I knew I loved this car.

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
04-10-2011 09:53am
doug

i'm i correct in saying that when the car is moving over 5mph, the screen still shows the DVD, but in black & white ? (sound stays the same).

In other cars the sensor to switch on/off the screen when moveing is on the hand brake (hand brake on to watch TV). This could be overcome with a DIY cable fix (not to be used on the road!). But if the Evoque sensors speed of over 5mph, it must be using the GPS speed from the sat-nav. Any one knows if this it correct ?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-10-2011 10:08am
paulelescoces

good question, I would be interested in finding out of this can be disabled to allow playing video when on the move.... not that I as driver would watch but to allow video for the passengers when not having the dual view screen.

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
04-10-2011 10:20am
vision*R

(04-10-2011 10:08am)doug Wrote:  i'm i correct in saying that when the car is moving over 5mph, the screen still shows the DVD, but in black & white ? (sound stays the same).

Are you saying black & white video is less distracting than colour?
No, the screen is black altogether and no moving image is shown at all, just the sound.

I have the same functionality in my Lexus and I've never seen a software hack / hardware fix for it. Doesn't it use wheel speed instead of GPS?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 11:11am by vision*R.)
04-10-2011 10:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IF I switch off the dual view and use it in single screen mode yes the screen goes black once the car starts moving,it's also why you cannot receive TEXT and SMS on the screen and why on some cars you cannot program the satnav on the move, because the legal bods in the software makers consider it to be too much of a distraction while driving. If you search the internet you will find that you can find hacks to enable video in motion for the system, but I don't know anything about how to fit them or how to obtain them, just read about them on other forums. It didn't take LR long to find out that Nav on the Move could easily be hacked into to disable it so they made it an upgrade and why you have the warning screen that comes up first before you can use the satnav - it gets them out of a grey-area legal situation.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 11:27am by XFullFatTim.)
04-10-2011 11:23am
memota

(04-10-2011 09:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IIRC The Evoque is the first car in the UK where being able to watch video files is a standard fitting on all the UK spec models - all versions have a video capable screen and all have the iPod connectivity and USB as standard - maybe LR is trying to deny the hackers their spot of fun!

in the Aussie price list it looks like DVD is only with the Sat Nav (note that none of our cars come with Sat Nav standard)
05-10-2011 12:00am
Evoqess

(04-10-2011 09:42am)cjfp Wrote:  @bobm4n - yes, and even on a lowly Pure too!

"Lowly"! Shocked
To me, "lowly" refers to something inferior.
Lower in price maybe! The Pure might be more basic but sometimes a minimalistic approach may just result in a classier end result with a more timeless appeal. At the end of the day, given the hundreds of thousands of choices allowable on the Evoque there will definitely be some permutations that do not work. This explains why some posters are changing their orders or asking those "will this contrast roof work with...".
I'll have a lowly Pure over a Franken-Rover with clashing color schemes any day Wink

PS- No offense Cjfp, I'm sure I know what you meant yet it got me thinking Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-10-2011 04:12am
cjfp

@evoqess - I was only joking, I have a pure on order myself. I was merely laughing at bobm4n phrasing of it 'being available on a dynamic' - and I'm not saying that he said that to cause offence either, it was just how I read it Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-10-2011 05:58am
BOBM4N

Just referring to the thread title.... Embarrassed

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
05-10-2011 04:51pm