Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?
MarkA_

RE: Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?

Out of curiosity I know the dynamic comes with magnaride, but does a prestige with adaptive dynamics == magneride suspension?

If it does then I would hazard a guess that adaptive dynamics itself would smooth out the ride.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
09-01-2014 05:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

(09-01-2014 05:53pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  but does a prestige with adaptive dynamics == magneride suspension?
Yes, it is the "magnaride" which is able to respond so quick... something stupid like a thousand adjustments a second.

(09-01-2014 04:47pm)kaalus Wrote:  Wait, does it mean when I spec adaptive dynamics and never go near the "dynamic mode" I _will_ get smoother ride?
Yes

(09-01-2014 05:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I like the adaptive suspension but have never been terribly convinced of the dynamic mode "enhancements
I can really notice it if pressing on, effectively giving a greater cornering speed on long bends.... without incriminating myself, I can (for example) go round bend "A" at 50mph in standard mode or 60 in dynamic, solely because the car doesn't feel like it's trying to topple over.

... and of course you get funky red dials Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 06:27pm by RacingSnake.)
09-01-2014 06:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

I would save the money, even my basic model handles much better than it should for a big car.

I have driven both and yes it's nice to have the option but I don't think you will be disappointed with the standard car.

Now on 62'000 miles and car still as comfortable as it was when new

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
09-01-2014 07:21pm
ChuckieB

Adaptive set up should generally provide for a smoother ride....although I didn't spend to much time comparing on various test drives. I went ahead and picked the option anyway.

Once switch is set to dynamic mode then yes it firms up and enables flatter cornering BUT in my experience the ride then becomes noticeably choppy on all but the smoothest roads. in our region the roads are pants so I rarely get to switch it to dynamic mode. There is no difference to the steering feel on the manual when switched to dynamic.

On the whole I am glad I have it. It gives me choices!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
10-01-2014 12:47am
m_101

My advice would be to drive both and see which you prefer. I do perceive a difference at both the comfort and sporty ends of the spectrum on my dynamic, compared to when I drove a pure without it. However is it worth the money if specced as an extra option on a prestige? Not sure and only you can answer that! (Because only you know how much money you've got to burn and how angry the other half will get!)

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-01-2014 03:34pm
benzina

Adaptive Dynamics is a fantastic system, and definitely gives a smoother ride compared to without, and this was the main reason i opted for it. Also, when in the mood,and the road is challenging, having the choice to switch into dynamic mode, really firms things up for a racier drive.
Again, for it's ride (and remembering this is a short wheelbase car) ,it manages to give the ride of a great riding big car.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 01:03am by benzina.)
11-01-2014 01:03am