Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Incontrol Apps standard on all MY2015 models?
ian1975

Hello everyone!

Is it standard or an option on Evoque 2015 models?

Thanks

Ian

Question
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 01:30pm by ian1975.)
26-10-2014 01:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

No it's an option which means it'll cost you money.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
26-10-2014 02:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is Incontrol Apps standard on all MY2015 models?

I read recently in a motoring magazine that there some manufacturers fitting the same system and they have lots of unhappy customers because, unlike what we all thought, they have not been able to upload apps to the system and have to make do with the 6-8 that the system comes preloaded with, it also does not mirror a smartphone screen when your phone is synched. I hope that Land Rover's system isn't the same as some of the other makers using the system and LR is fitting a 21st century version and not the 20th century version fitted by BMW/Audi and a few others.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-10-2014 05:07pm
iwf

I suspect we're go it to be disappointed.

My constant reading on the subject suggests it's only the 8 or so currently described that will be available. There's no iPhone mirrowing and outside the 8 developed nothing else will work. Furthermore the only one of any interest to me, sygic, charges a premium for its LR version. £59. The same system is available in the new Jag.

There's a silver new dynamic in Lookers in Battersea (I know it was mine
27-10-2014 12:10am
XFullFatTim

Hope you are on advertising commission IWF Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2014 09:49am
iwf

Well, if LR let me close to the software team, I'd certainly help. Very Happy

Mirroring would make all the different in the world. The new Audi TT has essentially done away with the dashboard as we know it, making the whole thing a large LCD configurable in any way you like.

In principle this would make it easier for manufacturers to ditch all the dials, but they're so far behind or wedded to old technologies I don't think we'll see much soon. Of course the LR concept car had all the new tech, but as we've seen with the Sport little has been delivered to date.

Perhaps I should write to Pete and offer some helpQuestion

quote='XFullFatTim' pid='102170' dateline='1414399787']
Hope you are on advertising commission IWF Wink
[/quote]
27-10-2014 11:27am
XFullFatTim

Sorry to tell you but Audi is years behind the times! My last 2010MY Range Rover Vogue had a user configurable TFT screen, RRS1 2010MY didn't get it, but RRS2 does have as do some Jaguars and the XJ Jaguar had it from launch in 2008 or 2009. You can have a fully digital screen, a choice of numerous styles of dials and in the Range Rovers, when you engage Low Ratio the Rev counter section moves to the right so that the full Terrian Response screen is visible to the driver ( passenger also gets it on the 8" TV screen in the centre of the front dash too if they want) but you still get the important lower section of the Rev counter too. In my FFRR I could even up load my favourite photo as a screen saver when the ignition was in position 1 or when the cars woke up after unlocking it.

27-10-2014 12:56pm
iwf

Glad I've bought an Evoque then !

I wonder why LR didn't configure the Evoque that way.
27-10-2014 01:23pm
XFullFatTim

Ahhhh, that is one of life's great mysteries! Penny pinching I suspect.

27-10-2014 05:34pm
Jawson

I've just picked up my new Evoque Pure today, and was very surprised to hear InControl is now standard on all 2015 cars. I definitely did not order it and don't have navigation. But my iPhone is currently paired with my car!
Very happy.

And by paired I mean I have the App on my phone and can see data about the vehicle. Where it is, fuel level and if it's unlocked.

Pure SD4 Auto, 5 door, Corris Grey, Ebony leather, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Xenons, Fog Lights, 20" Wheels.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 03:09pm by Jawson.)
09-12-2014 03:06pm