Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Iphone 6 pairing
cutter7

Iphone 6 pairing

Has anyone paired there iphone 6 ok, but cannot receive or make calls.. because of 'No network' showing all the time but all audio features work?

10-10-2014 08:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Iphone 6 pairing

Have you updated to latest software ios 8.0.2 that should fix current problems

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
10-10-2014 08:12pm
cutter7

(10-10-2014 08:12pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Have you updated to latest software ios 8.0.2 that should fix current problems

Yes sure have, but didn't sort network problem.. however since posted i have googled this question and have been advised to 'reset network settings' but i know they are only storing wi-fi codes so pointless..but looking at the menu under 'General' i decided to 'Reset all settings' and then re-paired with the car and once paired it showed my carrier name and full signal strength signal..sorted every thing works great i have made and received calls.Very Happy thanks for the reply 'Barton Evoque'

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 08:47pm by cutter7.)
10-10-2014 08:36pm
RichardW66

Strange, after having had my iPhone 6 Plus for a few weeks now and, having had it connected with absolutely no issues at all (It worked fine on all the IOS 8 versions 8.00 when received, the update 8.01 and the second update 8.02, until today.... today 14-10-14)

However, today it would not accept or make calls showing the Network Disconnected info as previously mentioned and, with the same result as cutter7 experienced.

A network reset had no effect and a full reset (not losing any data) seemed to resolve the issue.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 05:36pm by RichardW66.)
14-10-2014 05:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RichardW66

(14-10-2014 05:33pm)RichardW66 Wrote:  Strange, after having had my iPhone 6 Plus for a few weeks now and, having had it connected with absolutely no issues at all (It worked fine on all the IOS 8 versions 8.00 when received, the update 8.01 and the second update 8.02, until today.... today 14-10-14)

However, today it would not accept or make calls showing the Network Disconnected info as previously mentioned and, with the same result as cutter7 experienced.

A network reset had no effect and a full reset (not losing any data) seemed to resolve the issue.

Today 20-10-14 I had to do the Full reset again, I need to find a solution to this, as this is not acceptable.
Even worse since doing the full reset I no longer have a 3G signal (Yes,.... Mobile Data and the 4G settings are both enabled following the reset)

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
20-10-2014 05:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

Iphone 6 pairing

iOS 8.1 is now available to install and one of the many fixes is this:

'Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices'

20-10-2014 06:53pm
RichardW66

(20-10-2014 06:53pm)cutter7 Wrote:  iOS 8.1 is now available to install and one of the many fixes is this:

'Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices'

I am on IOS 8.1, we sell Apple products and use them extensively in our business, on occasion there are batches of products that go faulty with update changes and even subsequent firmware and IOS revisions do not fix the problem. Apple is so aware of the problem (that is also affecting connection into other car manufacturers) that this afternoon with not so much as a mutter from Apple and my phone network provider, I am collecting a new iPhone 6 Plus and returning my existing 3 week old device.

21-10-2014 01:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I took delivery of an iPhone 6 three weeks ago and have had no issues yet, even before the upgrade I had no problem pairing it to my March 2014MY car or making/receiving calls. The phone is updated now. Interestingly I got the same update for iPhone 6 Plus on my iPad Air this morning and updated that but don't (yet) see any changes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 04:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-10-2014 04:39pm
RichardW66

(21-10-2014 04:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I took delivery of an iPhone 6 three weeks ago and have had no issues yet, even before the upgrade I had no problem pairing it to my March 2014MY car or making/receiving calls. The phone is updated now. Interestingly I got the same update for iPhone 6 Plus on my iPad Air this morning and updated that but don't (yet) see any changes.
Tim, there should be no problems, but according to Apple only certain iPhone 6/6 Plus models are affected (must be component batch related).
The good news is this morning I have a brand new replacement iPhone 6 Plus on IOS 8.1 and although it's to early to tell it has worked so far (That said I had two weeks of no issues on the previous unit....)

22-10-2014 02:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've just had a message from Apple to say that the free upgrade to IOS Yosemite is now available - this came in on my iPhone but suspect it is aimed at my Mac and Macbook Air rather than my iPhone 6 and iPad Air.

Iphone 6 Plus must be popular as I see that iPad sales have taken a big hit, excuse given is that people are buying iPhone6+ rather than wait for the new iPad Air coming shortly! I wonder if it is because people are buying a Samsung Galaxy instead........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2014 03:48pm