Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot
WB
WB

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot

(19-09-2012 12:11am)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  It depends on the build date of the evoque as the parts change slightly between the last year and on some cars it doesnt matter, you can have an iphone 4s paired by bluetooth and streaming music from the phone, at the same time you can have another say ipod plugged in to the centre console and the music remains playin from the streaming, All you have to do is switch between either bluetooth or ipod using the touch screen display. Just for reference this is the same system as the latest Jaguar XF and this works without problem.

In terms of Land Rover they are aware of the problem and i am told are looking and trying to resolve this but this i would imagine would be an update, as i know more on this i will let you know

I was told by someone I know at LR (in Product Management) that they were looking at this about 8 or 9 months ago and that it was an acknowledged issue caused by apple when they modified the bluetooth implementation in IOS 5.x At that point I was told Apple needed to fix it rather than LR.

This also effected other car manufacturers some of which have introduced fixes. It's a shame that its taken this long and we don't have a fix from LR or Apple...

I'm surprised to hear it only happens on effects certain cars as this would suggest its down to a component or software which surely LR could fix for those of us with the problem.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 01:03pm by WB.)
19-09-2012 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

(19-09-2012 01:03pm)WB Wrote:  I was told by someone I know at LR (in Product Management) that they were looking at this about 8 or 9 months ago and that it was an acknowledged issue caused by apple when they modified the bluetooth implementation in IOS 5.x At that point I was told Apple needed to fix it rather than LR.

This also effected other car manufacturers some of which have introduced fixes. It's a shame that its taken this long and we don't have a fix from LR or Apple...

I'm surprised to hear it only happens on effects certain cars as this would suggest its down to a component or software which surely LR could fix for those of us with the problem.

Its more down to the software and hardware in the car, ill give an example. I know of a car that had a problem with the navigation, this led to the Main unit in the car being changed and then it had to be programmed in order to work on the car. Up until this was done the ipod could be attached via lead whilst streaming without any problems.

Since a new unit was fitted and programmed this now does not work properly, the Lead will cancel any streaming. Now i know before that it definatley worked,

So its hard to say yes it was the software rather than the hardware.

All I can say to this is Land Rover are aware and Engineers are trying to resolve this problem.
I do understand its fustrating from an Evoque Owner point of view but Land Rover will solve this as quick as they come to a solution.

As mention i will update as information is recived

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
20-09-2012 12:10am
SuH

This happened to me yesterday. Pretty frustrating but good to know it has been acknowledged by LR.
04-11-2012 04:32am
fstfwd

Just picked up my car two days ago. Always stream music from Pandora and Spotify. Was disappointed when the salesman had me plug my phone into my USB charging cable, and the music stopped. After a couple of seconds of fiddling he basically said, you can't play anything else other than the iPod while it's plugged in. This was a bit defeating, as I would definitely want to recharge while I'm on a long drive and streaming audio.

There is another thread similar to this... glad to hear I'm not the only one frustrated by this. Let's get to it Range Rover! Everything else about the car is spot on!

Steve

(04-11-2012 04:32am)SuH Wrote:  This happened to me yesterday. Pretty frustrating but good to know it has been acknowledged by LR.

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
Pure Premium / Illuminated Tread Plates / Luggage Bar
04-11-2012 09:07pm
Socrates

I just got my 2013 evoque pure and I own a Cown (mp3 player) and iPhone4s I did a test . I had iPhone pluged in iPod (usb) and at the same time I had Cown plugged in the other (usb) with the same songs in both mp3players ofcorse I was switching them back and forth to hear if there was any diffrence in sound quality but they were the same. They both sounded same quality. It
Was good
19-11-2012 09:59pm
SuH

Ok tried my music again. This time I plugged iPhone 4S into the USB port, on the screen where it says MY MUSIC there is a + sign next to it, touched that and was able to choose Sue's iPhone. Played Carole King for a good half hour no hiccups whatsoever. Awesome sound Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 11:08pm by SuH.)
10-02-2013 11:07pm
ryanmiller09@gmail.com

(04-11-2012 09:07pm)fstfwd Wrote:  Just picked up my car two days ago. Always stream music from Pandora and Spotify. Was disappointed when the salesman had me plug my phone into my USB charging cable, and the music stopped. After a couple of seconds of fiddling he basically said, you can't play anything else other than the iPod while it's plugged in. This was a bit defeating, as I would definitely want to recharge while I'm on a long drive and streaming audio.

There is another thread similar to this... glad to hear I'm not the only one frustrated by this. Let's get to it Range Rover! Everything else about the car is spot on!

Steve

A simple fix to your problem (unfortunately) is to use one of the cigarette charging ports with an adapter to charge your phone while on bluetooth mode. I bought my car yesterday and was extremely frustrated with this issue as this is a premium suv. My android devices have no issues. My ipad looses connection from even bluetooth repeatedly every 5 minutes regardless of my configuration because the nav unit thinks it needs to reconnect to my iphone (or so I have quickly come to believe the source of the issue).

Regardless, these issues should have been thoroughly tested and honed to perfection prior to product sale. I would have been glad to impart feedback with potential solutions.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 03:48am by ryanmiller09@gmail.com.)
12-05-2013 03:47am