babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot (/Thread-Iphone-4S-losing-sound-when-plugged-into-ipod-slot)

Pages: 1 2

Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Mike - 28-07-2012 04:39pm

Anyone any ideas, works fine on bluetooth, but when plugged in sound goes off after a couple of minutes.

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - WB - 28-07-2012 08:48pm

(28-07-2012 04:39pm)Mike Wrote:  Anyone any ideas, works fine on bluetooth, but when plugged in sound goes off after a couple of minutes.

It's a known problem which LR have acknowledged but there has been no fix yet from apple or LR. Do a search to see the details

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Lone Rangerover - 02-08-2012 06:21am

(28-07-2012 04:39pm)Mike Wrote:  Anyone any ideas, works fine on bluetooth, but when plugged in sound goes off after a couple of minutes.

Try the other usb slot beside that one - should work fine just not when iPod is selected

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - simonc - 06-08-2012 12:11pm

You can usually get the sound back by opening up the Music (iPod) app on the iPhone, tapping the "AirPlay" symbol at the bottom right and then choosing dock connector instead of The Bluetooth connection (the problem is caused by the iPhone outputting to the Bluetooth connection but the car expecting sound from the dock connector).

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - gw76 - 11-08-2012 10:22pm

I tried that, and it only worked for about 5 mins- so not a cure.

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - torchredfrc - 16-09-2012 06:01pm

This happens to me every time I plug my iPhone into the car. Once the music stops I just unplug it and plug it back in then it works for the remainder of the time it's connected. Annoying yes but at least it works.

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Land Rover Techy - 17-09-2012 09:06pm

If the phone is paired by bluetooth to the car in order to stream music and then the same phone is connected into the USB Socket the car will stop playing the music.
The lead will take priority over the bluetooth connection for some reason
Land Rover are aware of this and are looking into it.

In some evoques depending on build date this is not apparant but i have seen a few where it becomes a problem

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Lone Rangerover - 18-09-2012 10:44pm

(17-09-2012 09:06pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  If the phone is paired by bluetooth to the car in order to stream music and then the same phone is connected into the USB Socket the car will stop playing the music.
The lead will take priority over the bluetooth connection for some reason
Land Rover are aware of this and are looking into it.

In some evoques depending on build date this is not apparant but i have seen a few where it becomes a problem

Thanks for your info on this.

Are you saying that the problem doesn't occur in later production evoques ?

Could LR just update the early evoques with newer hardware / software to solve the problem ?

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Land Rover Techy - 19-09-2012 12:11am

(18-09-2012 10:44pm)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  Thanks for your info on this.

Are you saying that the problem doesn't occur in later production evoques ?

Could LR just update the early evoques with newer hardware / software to solve the problem ?

It depends on the build date of the evoque as the parts change slightly between the last year and on some cars it doesnt matter, you can have an iphone 4s paired by bluetooth and streaming music from the phone, at the same time you can have another say ipod plugged in to the centre console and the music remains playin from the streaming, All you have to do is switch between either bluetooth or ipod using the touch screen display. Just for reference this is the same system as the latest Jaguar XF and this works without problem.

In terms of Land Rover they are aware of the problem and i am told are looking and trying to resolve this but this i would imagine would be an update, as i know more on this i will let you know

RE: Iphone 4S losing sound when plugged into ipod slot - Lone Rangerover - 19-09-2012 07:34am

(19-09-2012 12:11am)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  It depends on the build date of the evoque as the parts change slightly between the last year and on some cars it doesnt matter, you can have an iphone 4s paired by bluetooth and streaming music from the phone, at the same time you can have another say ipod plugged in to the centre console and the music remains playin from the streaming, All you have to do is switch between either bluetooth or ipod using the touch screen display. Just for reference this is the same system as the latest Jaguar XF and this works without problem.

In terms of Land Rover they are aware of the problem and i am told are looking and trying to resolve this but this i would imagine would be an update, as i know more on this i will let you know

Ok, great. I look forward to hearing when you hear from land rover on their fix. Hopefully they'll come through with something quick